Our Goodbye

I was staring into space at the complete boredom I felt. We had been trying for ten minutes. Ten long minutes.

"Coffee break?" Parrish asked realising I was already giving up.

"I love you," I muffled giving him a thumbs up before dropping my head in my hand. "I...I want sleep."

The sound of something dropping on the desk made me yelp and jump away from it. Can't a woman get some good daydreaming once in a while?!

In front of me were now files. And so was Dad. "Breaks over. I need you to organise this before you leave. You knew Tess best so get to work."

And then he walked away. Who got shot and made him Sheriff? Ever since Sheriff did get shot he's had his head so far up his ass that he hasn't realised I'm leaving today.

"You suck!" I yelled loudly. All heads turned to me and I awkwardly sunk my head in my hands. That's when I heard something else being placed on the desk making my head shoot up once more. "For the love of god!"

Parrish laughed pushing my coffee more towards me. Maybe insulating me with coffee is his way of keeping himself in my good books.

We were in the sheriffs office with the blinds shut so we weren't exposed to people in here who might want us killed.

"I heard you're leaving today," he said after taking a sip. "Back to France?"

"Back to anywhere other than Beacon Hills," I scoffed taking a huge gulp. "But mostly France."

"You said you couldn't find anything about yourself in France. But you learnt full control?" He questioned and I nodded and also shook my head. "How's that possible?"

Once I had downed my cup of coffee and threw it into the empty trash can next to me I folded my hands on the desk. He moved the files to the end of the desk.

"It took practice. I put every free moment I had practising control with Argent, the guy with the lightsaber," I recalled and Parrish gave a short nod. "I didn't manage to find much but I did find something to do with creatures of fire." I placed my hand on Parish's, waiting for it to get hotter and hotter. "And it looks like I don't  have full control because of you."

When it did become hot enough I heard his skin beginning to burn and he snatched it away trying to shake off the feeling.

Ignoring his pain I grabbed onto his hand to see that it hadn't healed. Looks like we had the same healing abilities too.

"Why did you do that?" He questioned snatching his hand back. "How did you even do that? What is even happening?"

"Funny," I mumbled staring into Parrish's face. See if he felt any abnormal connection towards me. "You feel anything?"

"You mean other than you burning my hand?" He scoffed and I gave him a nod. The coffee was really helping me stay on task. "No. I don't understand this 'connection' that you have with me. I don't even understand what I am."

I sighed placing my hand on his. He flinched and I narrowed my eyes at him silently forcing him to place his hand back in mine. When he did I inhaled deeply feeling the slight burn run through my veins.

He watched as gold lines appeared in the form of my veins and his pain was no longer there.

"How–"

"You ever have dreams?" I asked interrupting the beginning of his other hundred questions. "Sleepwalking? Waking up in random places? Anything to do with feeling like your about to be burned to death?"

He shook his head to every single one of my questions.

I sighed not bothering to ask any more questions. I opened up Tessa's file skimming through the pages. She had a great hobby of getting into a lot of trouble.