Chapter 20

Gremlins

Percy stood next to Blackjack and Tyson waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. He watched as the carriers hover above the ground, towards him, with lots of Wakandan soldiers. On one of the carriers Natasha, Steve, Bucky, and Elizabeth were on board. Bruce was running next to them in the Hulkbuster.

"How we looking, Bruce?"

Bruce ,while trying to run with the Hulkbuster, responds. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually-"

Before he can finish he stumbles on a rock and face plants into the dirt. A carrier goes by, from which Okoye gives him a weird look.

Bruce slowly gets back up. "I'm okay. I'm okay"

Sam starts talking before Bruce can say anything else. "We got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line."

Percy watches as another set of soldiers join forces with the rest while chanting.The leader walks up to T'Calla

"Thank you for standing with us" T'Challa tells him.

"Of course, brother"

Percy told Tyson and Blackjack to stay back as he walked with T'Challa, Steve, and Natasha to the barrier where blue paint lady and Chunky the little dinosaur stood.

Natasha talks first. "Where's your other friend?"

"You will pay for his life with yours." Percy got weird vibes when she said that. "Thanos will have that stone."

Steve responds "that's not gonna happen" as Percy snorts saying "you wish".

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

Blue paint lady creepily says. "We...Have blood to spare." She raises her right arm with a cry, and several large vessels look like they were activated behind her.

The four of the proceed to walk back to the front lines.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asks.

"Not exactly." Percy responds.

T'Challa leads the Wakandans in a war cry shouting "Yibambe" a couple of times.

Percy watches as some creepy gremlins start running toward the barrier.

"What the ****?"

"Looks like we made blue paint lady mad."

T'Challa shouts for the Wakandans to activate their shields.

The gremlins run at the barrier and don't stop even as they hit it. A few make it through, but they don't make it far because of Sam and Rhodey, most of them just die.

"They're killing themselves."

Sam sends redwing close to the ground to shoot the gremlins while he flies from above.

"You seen the teeth on those things?"

"Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey tells him right before he flies over a couple of gremlins that breached and drops a barrage of mines.

Everyone watches as more and more come of the monsters come and start running around the barrier toward the rest of Wakanda.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us...There's nothing between them and Vision."

"Them we better keep 'em in front of us."

"How do we do that?" Okoye asks T'Challa.

"We open the barrier." He responds. He puts his hand on his ear. "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

"Requesting confirmation, My King. You said open the barrier?" A Wakandan officer said in his ear.

"On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye says readying her spear.

The barrier opens and hundreds of monsters come pouring through this small section of the barrier.

T'Challa shouts "Wakanda Forever!" before he crosses his hands over his chest and his Black Panther helmet covers his face. The rest of the army gives a war cry as they follow T'Challa toward the barrier. Percy, T'Challa, and Steve sprint ahead of everyone else, with Bucky and Elizabeth right behind them. They are the ones who collide with the alien army first.

As the battle rages Percy was stabbing and swiping through ten aliens at a time with Bucky next to him shooting everything insight while Tyson hit the aliens with a stick. Every once in a while Blackjack would swoop down, pick up a monster, carry them up, and then drop them.

"How much longer, Shuri?" Percy hears T'Challa asks over the comm.

"We've barely begun, brother."

T'Challa watches probably a thousand more aliens come through the barrier."You might want to pick up the pace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artemis was sitting in her throne, sharpening her hunting knives, while listening to the rest of the council argue when she caught the scent.

She stood up quickly. "Father I have to leave."

"Why?" He asked. "We are in the middle of a meeting."

She rolls her eyes, but decides it's better to stay respectful. "I know where Percy Jackson is."

The whole council is silent and stares at her.

"Go"

Thoughts?

Questions?

Ideas?

How would you feel about a Percy Jackson Heir of Black story?