Chapter 15

Bonding

Percy doesn't know what to do. His closet friend just went under ice for who knows how long. Percy couldn't blame him though. If Percy could go under ice he would, but with his powers he doesn't think he would be able to.

Percy is staring out a window into the fog of Wakanda. He's was shocked when it was revealed that most of Wakanda was hidden. He was even more shocked when he saw the city. It as probably the most advanced city he'd seen. Besides Olympus and Atlantis of course.

Another thing on Percy's mind is where he will go. He can't stay here and he's definitely not handing himself over to the government. Earlier that day Lang and Barton had decided to do that so they could be with their families. 

Percy saw the file that Zemo released. Turns out Zemo had the last laugh after all. He truly was trying to get rid of every super soldier, and unless Percy figures something out. Zemo might succeed. Percy will definitely not go back to Camp Half-Blood it doesn't feel like home anymore. Percy sighs. He takes a crumbled paper out of his pocket. He slightly smiles when he sees the picture of his bay sister and mother.

He feels somebody walk next up next to him. He looks up to see Elizabeth staring out the window.

"For fog it's actually cool."

Percy just grunts in reply.

"What are you going to do?"

Percy meets her eyes for the first time. "I don't know."

"You could always come with us, you know. We have to leave in a few hours though. There's someone we need to pick up."

"I thought you hated me."

"What are you talking about."

"I saw you glaring at me back at the airport. It was obvious."

She sighs. "It's complicated."

"I have time."

She looks at him. "A couple of years ago I was taken by HYDRA. I was experimented on and ended up getting powers. I don't remember much of my time in captivity, but I do remember that the person who took me had sea green eyes."

Percy's mouth is dry. How many people are going to get hurt because of him? "Why are you offering to let me join you."

"Because I've learned something the past couple of days"

"Oh. What's that?"

"Your past shouldn't define who you are. Especially if you had no control over it."

"Did you read that in a fortune cookie?"

She cracks a smile. "No i didn't.l" She looks at him. "I'm just saying that the whole argument over the accords was over things that people have no control. The Avengers can't save every life, Bucky couldn't control his mind, and neither could you. I've decided to give you a chance. If you want to start over lets start as at least allies."

She holds out her hand.

Percy looks at the hand for a second before he shakes it. 

Last chapter of Act 1!

What did you think?

Anything you want to see in Act 2: Infinity War