16- Loving the Spar

Start from the beginning

"Spar? Alright," he said eagerly.

"Either way you can't say what happened last night."

"Fine."

I snorted, he was going down.

We walked back to the living room, the others eyeing us nervously and curious.

"So, Death boy," I sneered, he winced at her nickname," it's official?"

"Yep. You me nine o'clock," he said snobbery.

"Your sparing?" the other chorused. In disbelief might I add. He is going to regret this.

"The bet is: I win you leave. You win: you get to stay. Deal?"

"Deal." His eyes gleamed with respect. What was the respect, was it for himself, satisfaction? Was it for me?

"It's eight fifty-five." Silena announced,"To the training room."

The training room is my favorite rooms. It'd high ceilings that echo with every clatter of a sword. Weapons, any and every weapons lineinng the wall, dangling by hooks. Armor sprawled across a table, while dummies stood stationed across from it.

I removed my black jacket so I had on a red tank top and my black jeans. I rose my hand to my necklace my fingers lingering at the heart shape.

Nico unshealthed his blade. It was a stygian iron sword, black as midnight, deadly as tartarus itself. So that's why I sajd:

"Armor. If this is going to get serious we need armor,"

"Okay," Nico said cautiously, stalking toward the table.

I always like to know my opponent before I verse them. Nico put his armor on quickly with practice. He must be skilled, but so am I.

And so it began.

We got into our positions the others crowded around us in suspense.

"Ready." I said, my eyes narrowing in on my opponent.

This is in third POV

"Ready." he confirmed . And for a moment they were there, teetering back and forth but not hitting -wait.

Nico a swung his sword at Alex who step sides. Alex responds with a single strike which he blocks.

Enough with the games

Alex stabbes forward, while he ducked back. She rolled out of the way when Nico's sword came inches from her head.

Alex was impressed "You aren't that bad." she commented.

"Do you know who taught me?" he responded. She wasn't sure who taught him and she was curious. But for the sake of the game.

"Who ever they are must be good," she said.

He snorted," Your good too. Must be genetic because your brother taught me how to fight,"

"My brother?" she faltered, managing to block Nico's blow.

"Yep. Best swordsman at camp." he said side stepping.

"Impressive," was all she could say about her brother.

"Me? Yes, I'm very impressive," Nico sneered.

"Not you. You suck." she retorted.

"Haha," Strike-side step.

"Remer when we met," Nico said suddenly, blocking Alex's strike.

Alex looked befuddled but then smirked," Yeah, I beat you up with a dictionary,"

"It hurt," Nico said defensively. Strike-block

"you wimp," duck

This was processing slowly, all they were doing was playing play ball. They needed to fight.

"Wimp? Hell no." he said and brought the game up a little. He swung his sword in an arc causing Alex to duck. But when she did Nico bright the sword down and Alex yelped, blocking the hit.

Alex sprung up, causing Nico to drop his sword. It clattered to the floor triumphetly.

Alex began beaming, looking at Luke. She noticed her mistakes to late.

Nico tumbled across the floor picking up the sword. He popped up right behind Alex. He held his sword to get neck, in a head lock position.

A unmistakable gasp went through the crowd, utter shock.

Alex however looled unfazed. She elbowed Nico in the chest and in one swift move turned, driving the hilt of her sword into his shoulder. He howled and launched himself at her.

She dropped her sword as she shoved Nico away from her before they both were to fall over.

Nico took a swing and Alex caught his fist. She attempted to kick his shins but he slid away. This kept going back and forth until Alex grabbed Nico bad shoulder and pulled at it.

He yelped and swarmed from her grip. Once free Alex was running out of options.

She launched herself at Nico and they both fell to the ground, mangled, hopeless, and still with out a winner

Nico's POV

I sighed as I held the ice to my swollen shoulder. I lay back on the couch as Bianca rubbed my back.

"Well...that was something" Luke said, mumbled.

"We still don't have a winner. And I want this jerk out of here,"Alex grimaced, her twisted ankle resting on the table.

I shot her a dark look,"Whatever."

"I think," Zoe interrupted. "Nico can stay. People rarely get that close to beating you."

"He didn't come close to beating me." Alex pouted. And that was that.

What is your choice of weapon?
Mines a whip, like Isabelle's from TMI