1.9

4 months

(I didn't update on Wednesday on accident, I got preoccupied with going to the doctor and all that was bleh, anyhow, here we are.)

This is the first day I will go back to the lab, I don't want to, but I need to confront Elijah, it's been probably 2 almost 3 weeks since I have seen or talked to him, maybe this is a bad idea, but I should at least say sorry, for not only ignoring him, and canceling our appointments, not answering his calls and texts...

Possibly this is the last time I will see him, I mean no progress has been made, and I am about to die soon, or at least it feels like soon.

I take a deep breath and begin walking into the building, slowly... very slowly making my way up the stairs. My breathing was heavy but quick. I sigh and take my last step on the stairs before stepping into the hallway, I bite my lip, tempted to run back into my hole, or more like the corner of my room. 

I gulp and walk in. His head immediately looked up, and he had a really big smile on his face. He walked up and hugged me, I panicked a bit, and so I stilled. 

He pulled away with a frown, it made me feel worse than I already have been feeling.

"Why... Why haven't you called? Or Messaged anything? Did I do something? I'm so sorry if I did, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything" He rambled on, and I felt my heart sink, biting my lip, my arms wrapping around myself, trying to protect myself in some way instinctively.

"W-why does it matter?" I ask timidly, he looked confused and almost frustrated at that answer.

"Why? Liam that night wasn't just a one-night stand for me that was-"

"STOP!" I yelled feeling the tears in my eyes, and he did stop. He shut his mouth.

"W-we can't even be a thing Elij-"

"Why not?! Is it because of us being patient and doctor? Because that doesn't matter we are adults I-"

"NO! Ok that's that's not it, Elijah I am dying don't you understand that! You can't feel anything for me or whatever! I-i can't do that to you, please ok? I'm not even going to be here in the next couple of months" I sob out, and he doesn't say anything as I feel my legs weaken, and I drop to my knees, sobbing into my hands. Seeing him now, hearing what he was trying to say, it all just hurt. I'm dying, and I can't do anything, the man that I fell in love with I can't even be with, I don't even get a chance, why me, why me?

"Why me" I sobbed out, and I gasped when I felt myself pulled into a tight grip.

"Liam, please, calm down, please, I... I have an idea, but I need you to calm down first." He says, and I nod quickly, coughing, my breaths getting caught in my throat at times, but eventually I can calm down into normal breathing, the tears reducing but still rolling down, He pulls me back a little, he had a sad but sweet smile on his face, he rubbed my tears and I leaned into his hand, the tears coming back more and more at the gesture, it was such a bitter-sweet feeling.

"Are you calmer?" He asks, and I nod, letting him help me stand and let him sit me down into the chair.

---

He smiled as I drank the water he gave to me, more over it was really he forced me to drink it because he said it wasn't good to cry so much and hyperventilate without drinking water after, I never heard of that, but I guess I'm not a doctor.

"So um... What... What were you talking about?" I ask, and he sighs, standing from his kneeling position and going to his desk, rummaging in his drawer, taking some kind of jar of liquid out, it looked gross just from the look of it, it was like when you put oil and water together, and they separate because those things don't mix.