𝗙 𝗢 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗧 𝗪 𝗢

Start from the beginning

"Can I have the peaches please?" She asked as Jordyn finished, earninga smile from the older woman.

"Sure. Here you go, Taylor." She handed Taylor the can of peaches as she thanked her, furrowing her eyebrows as she realized she'd have to eat the contents of the can with her hand.

"Ya' do what ya' gotta do to survive, Taylor. Don' ever forget that." Is what Daryl had always said to her.

Sighing at the memory of him, she really hoped he survived the attack as she began eating the peaches.

Kenny walked in, setting his rifle down on the stores front counter, "Area looks clear. Lord knows walker's love comin' out to sound, so let's keep it down.".

"Kenny, you never told me what the hell happened to you. After six months of being gone, you just randomly show up in the woods." She said.

"Well, we got to Savannah. It was a fuckin' shit show. Clementine ended up gettin' kidnapped, an' Lee was bit. We went lookin' for her, but that fuckin shitbird Ben got hurt real bad; imapled. Me an' Lee tried to save him, but the poor kid was screamin' too much; attractin' walkers. I forced Lee to keep goin' an' fin' Clementine while I tried to save Ben. There were too many walkers, an' there was no way I could get him outta it, so I put him down. After that, I somehow made my way outta those walkers an' out of Savannah. I couldn't fin' Clementine, Lee, or anyone else from our group, so I thought it would be best ta' head back to the prison an' re-group with y'all. But then that fuckin' Governor jus' had to come back". Kenny explained.

     "...I hope someone did it for me." She mumbled, picking at the remnants of her peaches.

     Cocking a brow, Jordyn asked, "Do what?".

     "Kill the Governor. I hope someone; anyone did it for me so that way we could avenge everyone who died because of him, but mostly for Andrea and Merle. I cared so much for them, and that asshole...I already lost one Dixon brother...and becuase of my bratty ass self, probably lost another..." She cried, her eyes fixated on the small, burning flame inside the lamp.

     Resting her hands on Taylor's shoulders, Jordyn smiled, "I'm sure Daryl made it out, and I bet he's out there right now looking for you.".

      "...You think so?" She asked, looking up at Jordyn.

      "I know so. Now, why don't you try to get some sleep, alright. We have to keep moving in the morning." Jordyn explained.

      Nodding, Taylor slid her backpack over, using it as a pillow as she rested her head on it.

     "Give me your jacket." She heard Jordyn whisper to Kenny.

      A few moments later, she felt something soft and warm drape over her as she was already quickly falling asleep, then a hand brush over her head as it brushed her bangs our of her face, "Goodnight, sweetie.".

———

TAYLOR WOKE UP TO A STRONG
grip on her shoulders, and her eyes quickly shot open, looking at the figure above her.

It was a man, and he leaned down and brought his nose to her hair, breathing in deeply before he chuckled darkly and looked across the store, "We got a good batch here, Joe. Think I'm gonna claim this pretty little thing right here.".