9. Cassian

I sigh with relief as we turn into the driveway, it had been a hell of a journey, managing to stay just ahead of the storm, at one point the pilot had thought to turn back but we made it and now I wanted to find our girl.

Parking in the garage John came out to take our keys, telling us he will see to our bags and that the families were in the grand parlour, so that where we headed, with one focus... Lexie.

She was waiting, her whole body poised and as I opened my arms she flew forward and into them, her frame fitting into mine perfectly. A tap on my shoulder reminding me that she wasn't mine alone and I reluctantly let her go, passing her into Cosmo's arms.

I could see the smiles on everyone's faces, Dad openly grinning as I made sure I still hand a hold on her.

"Glad you made it back" Charles walked over and gently pulled his daughter out of our arms.

"Dad?" Lexie looked at him confused.

"I would like to know what your intentions are with my daughter?" he asks us, his gaze switching between us both as Lexie hissed in his hold.

"Dad, what the hell?" she asked shocked and my glance quickly assessed the room, everyone was watching us, the parents looked unsurprised but our brothers all looked as shocked as I felt.

"Sir?" I questions, was he going to stop us?

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" Charles repeated clearly again.

"She is ours" Cosmo replies bluntly, his gaze fixed on Charles "What is going on?" he questions, his gaze moving around the room, before coming back to Charles.

"Charles, shall we take this to the study?" Casteil suggested, opening his arms to guide us out.

I watched as Charles tucked Lexie's arm through his and guided her out ahead of us, our father placing a hand on my shoulder as he indicated we should predced him.

"Dad what?" but he just shook his head and sent me a small smile.  The smile eased my worries a little as I knew he wouldn't smile if there was a problem we couldn't beat.

Charles has seated Lexie in one of the armchairs and she looked so worried, I went and knelt before her, taking her hands in mine and noticing the fine tremors, was she scared?  I raise my eye to Cosmo, who had noticed Lexie's state.  As he spins back to face Charles, as I focus on Lexie.

"You know how we feel about you daughter, you know we loved her and she loves us, so what is this about?  You are not keeping her from us" Cosmo's voice raises as he challenges Charles and I feel Lexie's hand grip mine and she raises worried eyes to me.  This was not the return any of us thought would happen.

"Dad, what's wrong?" she raises her voice and despite the trembles I can feel running through her, her voice is clear and strong.

"Someone has sent a tell all report of the debauched behaviour of the young members of our families, it is focussed on how the boys have groomed you to be theirs and how multiple partners are being encouraged, it hints it all just for business" Charles says.

There is s beat of silence before both Cosmo and I are shouting "What the hell"

"Boys, sit down" Dad steps in, "Sit down" he repeats "You are scaring Lexie" he warns and we both turn back to her.  Seeing the shock on her face, I scoop her up and head to the sofa, sitting back down with her on my lap and Cosmo at our side, her hand in his.