3. Alexandria

Last night I had been lucky, even though I had sat between them at dinner they had given me a reprieve from their questions. 

My memory ran over our exchange again  'Alexandria' Cosmo had said, pulling out my chair, his voice demanding I follow his unspoken instruction, sit between them.  I had.

"Are you okay?" Cassian had asked laying the napkin across my lap and looking intensely at me.

He had known I'd lied when I said I was okay and warned me not to lie to him, to them.

I had felt I was going to break as I had looked at him, dropping my shields as I replied "I have to, I just can't, not yet... please" he had seen the depth of my hurt and had relented.

"Okay, but only today" Cassian had agreed, sharing a look with his brother over my head, giving me the respite my mind needed but my heart didn't want.  I had been conscious of them watching me for the rest of the evening, but they hadn't pushed and for that I was grateful.

Now as I came downstairs to breakfast, I could feel my gut tightening nervously, despite the heat I had worn a long sleeved t shirt to hide the marks Cassie had left on my arms from our confrontation on the beach yesterday. They had been clearly visible and a little tender when i had woken this morning and i knew they had potential to cause a lot of problems, even if she was gone.

Only Hector and Angus were in the dining room and they laughed as I looked around worriedly. "Relax Lex, everyone's out, all the parent's have gone to play golf and my brother is down in the pool house with Per and the others" Angus says and I nod relieved as I help myself to some fruit from the buffet and nod as Emalina comes in with fresh coffee and offers it to me.

"What about..." I start but pause feeling the prickle that tells me they are near.  Hector's eyes widen at what he can see behind me and I know what's coming.

"Stay" I mouth at them but they just laugh at me and start gathering their things, rapidly disappearing, coffee's in hand, shouting "See you later" over their shoulders.

"Lexi" Cosmo's voice washes over me and I feel the shiver of arousal whisper through my body. "Were you asking about us?" he questions coming to my side and pulling out the chair.

My focus on Cos is so intense I don't hear Cass pull out the chair the other side of me, until his hand touches my arm and I jump nervously.

"Damn it" I say shaking in my seat as I glare between them "Stop sneaking up on me" I hiss at them and they laugh.

"Never" they say together, their gazes running over me and I can feel it, it's as if it was their hands, that's how tuned into them I was.

"How are you feeling?" Cass asks and I bite my lip to hide the smile that wants to spring forward, I knew he wouldn't let it lie for long, they always want to face everything head on and never let me hide, not unless I specifically ask for it... like I did at dinner last night.

"Better, I feel bad for Per, she didn't deserve what Cassie said" I took a deep breath "And I am glad Cassie has gone, I let her in, let her get close and she abused that, I can see that now" I tell them.  

Cos takes my hand, twining his fingers through mine "And you, how are you?" he prompts and I let my hair screen my face as I look down.

"It hurts, but I will get over it" I whisper out, pulling my hand out of his and reaching for my coffee, I can feel their eyes on me and I focus on taking a drink, then reaching for a fork, going through the motions of eating some of the fruit but not tasting anything, as they sit either side of me in silence... watching.

When I could pretend no more, I pushed the plate away and leaned back, getting ready to get up and instantly they were at my side, Cosmo's hand at my elbow as Cass pulls back my chair for me.

"Spend the day with us, let's take the boat out" Cosmo asks softly and I look away, shaking my head, not sure I could cope with the two of them today, not while I feel so vulnerable. I start step away but Cosmo's hand round my wrist stops me from running and I can't stop the pained groan as he catches me on the bruising.  

They both freeze at the sound and then Cosmo steps closer his hand pushing up my sleeve, his gaze scorching my skin as the bruises from Cassandra yesterday are revealed.  "How?" he snaps almost silently and I shiver knowing he is close to exploding, even if no one else seems to see it.

"Its nothing" I mutter, trying to both break free and push my sleeve down.

"Cassandra did this?" he growls and I feel his brother at my back, his arms loosely circling around me, stopping any retreat, even if I had got free. "Look" Cosmo brings my arm up into Cassian's sight line.

"What happened Alexandria" Cassian demands soft as steel and I knew I wasn't get away till I had told them of my confrontation with Cassandra. I kept it vague, just saying we had parted ways following her attack on Per.

"What else did she say" Cassian pushed and I dropped my head, shaking it, I didn't want to say, didn't want them to think of me as a loser with no friends.  That was the thing Cassandra had got right, I was selective in my friends... usually.

They both moved closer and I could feel the heat of both their bodies now, "Lex" Cass groaned and I felt his frustration.

"I'm sorry" I whisper out and hear growls in response from both of them.

"Bloody Hell Lex, none of this is your fault, stop saying sorry or we will really give you something to be sorry for" Cosmo grates out.  I freeze at his words, my gaze racing up to catch his and I shiver even as a blush coats my cheeks.

"Do you like that idea baby, do you want us to punish you?" Cass whispers in my ear, reading my reaction correctly, his body now completely flush with mine, his arms around my waist pulling me into him and I jump a little when I feel how hard he is.

"I..I..." I can't get the words out, my eyes locked with Cosmo's as he watches me in his brothers hold, Cass's lips skim my neck and I gasp, unconsciously tilting my head to allow him better access and this brings a feral smile to Cosmo's face.

"Spend the day with us" he repeats, his voice a low growl and between that and Cass's lips on my throat,  I croak out a "Yes" unable to deny them.

I sway as they both step back, Cosmo looking satisfied now that I had agreed to go with them.

"Go and grab your things" he said softly, his hand cupping my cheek briefly "And Lexi" he looks at me.

"Yes?"

"Don't run" he tells me and I swallow hard, how had he known that thought was running through my mind.

"I.."

"Promise us" Cassian growls coming round to stand next to his brother. "Please" he adds and again I find my body replying before my mind can stop it.

I nod "I promise" I whisper, knowing with those words my fate is sealed.