I had a bag with me too since we're going to Charlotte. Most of the bars here already think I'm twenty-one, so we can't go.

It'll be weird going on my twenty-first birthday. So Ryder is driving us the two hours to Charlotte.

We got a hotel for the night and we're gonna stay there so we won't drink and drive.

I put some music on so we could wouldn't be in complete silence.

"Put on some good shit!" He rolled the windows down since it was nice out.

The sun was starting to set as we drove and it looked really pretty. Throughout the ride, I texted Owen.

I wish all of our friends could come, but I'm happy I could get some time alone with Ryder. Cody said he wanted to come, but can't cause of work.

When we get to the hotel, it was already almost eleven. There's some bars that stay open til two or three so we have time.

We check into the hotel and put our bags in the room. Since our hotel is right downtown by the bars, we decided to walk.

"You ready to get fucked up?" He asked as we started walking to the bars. I smile as I wrap my arms around his.

"Let's go." We go to the closest bar and go inside. It was pretty crowded for a Monday.

Ryder orders a shot for me since it's my birthday. I tried to tell him I could buy my own but he denied several times.

By twelve thirty, we've been to three bars and I was feeling the alcohol. We were currently at a dance club.

They were playing club music which was amazing. When one song stopped, the Dj got their microphone.

"This one goes out to Sinclair Davenport and her twenty-first birthday! If you see her, wish her a happy birthday."

I could feel myself get red. Ryder was cheering and pointing at me so everyone knew. The Dj started playing Birthday Bitch.

I was feeling the song so we started dancing with our drinks. "Fuck it up if it's your birthday bitch." We sing.

As we danced and sung, people started crowding us. "Can I get you a drink?" A random guy whispered in my ear.

He looked about my age and a college student maybe. I looked over at Ryder.

I give him the signal that a random guy wants to buy me a drink. We gave each other these signals when we first started going out.

He nods as he looks at the guy. I look at him as us three started walking. "Who is this guy, your body guard?"

I could tell he was trying to be funny, and it wasn't at all. "He is." He instantly cleared his throat.

He bought me a drink that I told him I wanted. Ryder checked it out for me and he said it was good.

So I downed the whole shot. We stayed the club until it closed and it was pretty fun.

It took Ryder and I ten times longer to get back knowing we were stumbling. When we get back to the hotel, I flop on the bed.

I pull my phone out and call Owen. I put it on speaker as I wait for him to answer.

"There she is!" I hear Owen cheer when he answers. I laugh a little to myself.

I look to see it's two in the morning. "Owen! I'm fucking drunk." I slur. I could hear talking in thw background.

"Well, I think we have a problem because I am too." He started laughing as the background noise got quieter.

"Where are you?" I ask looking around. The world was spinning. "I'm at a bar. You should've came." He admitted.

I pout to myself. Ryder left the bathroom door open so I can hear him start to pee.

"Me too. But I'll see you again in a few weeks." I tell him. He was quiet for a moment.

Ryder walked out and noticed I was on the phone. "Who is that?" Before I could answer, he looked at it.

"Owen! My boy!" They started talking but they were talking over each other.

After maybe ten minutes, I stole my phone back. "You can talk to him on your own time." I slur to Ryder.

I could hear people calling for Owen. "I'll talk to you later, Sinclair." He mumbled.

We share goodbyes and hang up. Ryder and I still weren't tired.

We stayed up talking about random shit. I don't even remember going to bed that night.

I just remember waking up to a killer headache. I look over to see Ryder on his computer.

He noticed I was awake and leaned back. He had a smug look on his face.

"How're you feeling?" He asked which caused me to groan.

"Horrible." I answer. He bent over and threw me a bag of food, medicine, and waters.

I thank him as I start eating. I check my phone to see messages from both the group chat and Owen privately.

I text everyone I can back while I wait for my headache to ease up.

I had a good twenty-first birthday honestly. I just wish all of my friends could've been here.

At least I'll be able to see them soon. We hung out at the hotel for about an hour and a half but we had to check out and leave.

The hangover made the ride back feel extra long. When we got back to our houses, we made our separate ways.

He still had to go to his martial arts class to teach, even hungover. I went to my room and showered.

I laid in bed for most of the day. After the night I had, I was exhausted.

My parents knew I went bar hopping so they knew I would be tired and hungover.

I did get to talk to my group of friends a little and we got to talk about the trip.

Saying I was excited was an understatement. I've grown so attached to these people.

They're like a second family to me. It's like whenever I'm with them, I feel at home.

Especially Owen.