'I will end you. I will kill you," some madness had gotten over Mrs. Lavigne. Inessa didn't even flinch nor fight back when the older woman started to strangulate her without holding back.

"Stip it...stop it," Mrs. Lavigne looked possessed. The nurse tried to make her lose her hold on her but to no avail. 

Inessa felt as if her neck would snap any moment now. 

"Oh shit," the nurse cursed and rushed out for help. Inessa's eyes rolled back as she started to succumb.

But before she could give up on her consciousness, Mrs. Lavigne's hand was ripped off her. 

"Don't stop me, Rudolph. She killed our child. I will kill her," Anna sobbed, struggling to break free as Mr. Lavigne held her back. 

"Stop it, Anna. You are not in your senses right now," he scolded her. 

"She took away our son, Rudolph. She took him away," Mrs. Lavigne buried her face in his chest and started crying. Rudolph caressed her back while glaring at Inessa. He also considered her responsible for his son's untimely death. 

"And she will pay for it," he declared in a dark tone. Inessa wasn't bothered by their threats. She was too lost in her own thoughts. Andrei was gone. Her best friend was no more. Just yesterday he was with her and today he was gone. It was unbelievable. 

She didn't realize when the nurse picked her up and made her lie in the bed. She didn't even feel the prickle of the injection or the sting of the cut on her lips that Mrs. Lavigne had caused her just now. She was numb from inside. Blank and numb. 

Inessa closed her eyes only to see Andrei's smiling face. 

He was gone. He would have been alive if she hadn't insisted on having dinner outside. He would have been here if she had made him jump out with her. He died saving her life. 

She killed him. 

.........

They didn't let her see Andrei for the last time. She was locked in her room when his last rites were going on. She had heard from servants that Andrei was found in a very horrible condition. His charred body was found lifeless inside the mangled car. From servants to the owners, everyone was in tears. A good man like him didn't deserve such a merciless death.

The day flew by with her crying in a corner. She hadn't eaten anything since morning, not that she was hungry. Her appetite had lost completely. All she felt was guilt and emptiness. 

She flinched back when the door to her room burst open.   

It was Flynn, their security head. 

She watched as he walked up to her in threatening strides and harshly picked her up with her elbow.

Inessa's brows furrowed in confusion as he started dragging her outside. He was the same man who used to greet her twice in the morning and evening with a shit-eating grin. They all had turned against her. 

Inessa struggled to get her hand free but his grip was painfully tight. 

Where was he taking her? What does he want? A lot of questions swirled in her mind. She wasn't able to understand why this good-natured Flynn was treating her like this. 

He walked her down the stairs. Tears blurred her vision but she managed to see there were some people in the living area, sitting and watching her like a hawk as Flynn dragged her towards them like cattle. 

Flynn brought her to the middle of the sitting area and threw her to the floor. 

She fell forward. Her hand flattened against someone's shoes. A drop of tear tumbled down her eyes, clearing her vision. Her eyes latched on a shiny expensive black shoe that her hand was pressed against. She removed her hand from the man's shoe and raised her gaze a little to find a pair of legs that were spread wide. She realized she was kneeling between someone's legs. 

"She killed my boy," her scrutiny was interrupted by Anna's scratchy voice. Inessa hung her head in guilt. Anna's accusation was adding to her guilt, making it insufferable for her. She couldn't hold back the tear that dropped from her eyes and on his shoes. 

"Don't worry, ma'am. This bitch will pay for it," Flynn's spat venomously before grabbing her hair and pulling at it, harshly. 

A sharp pain shot from her scalp. The pain was unbearable. She reached around and tried to pry his hand away while crying inconsolably.  

"Leave her," a deep, authoritative voice thundered in the hall.

Inessa's helpless gaze darted to the source of the voice. It was the same man she was kneeling in front of.  

Her helpless brown eyes collided with a pair of intense blue orbs. A cold shudder ran down her spine. This man was intimidating. So intimidating that she felt threatened by him even when he wasn't looking towards her. His eyes were glaring daggers at Flynn, who immediately let go of her and cowered back.  

Inessa felt the instant urge to get away from this man. He looked intimidating, he felt dangerous. 

"She deserves worse than that, Danzel. She killed your little brother," Anna chided at her eldest son for stopping Flynn.

Danzel. 

Realization dawned upon her. She blanched and gulped in pure horror. She had heard his stories. The horror stories that his father used to sing to others in a proud tone. The stories of his brutality and barbarity.

Her soul shrunk in fear when he looked down to connect his cold gaze with hers.  

She saw it. Her end in his eyes, she saw it. 

Please like and Comment