Chapter 9

Alexis's POV:

The next morning I woke up again before Lorenzo and decided to start packing everything but it wasn't a lot as my apartment was small but perfect for me. After I had everything put in the living room I started on breakfast. Which I decided on breakfast tacos. I was flipping the second taco when I felt Lorenzo wrap his arms around me. I smiled. I turned around careful of the stove and smiled up at him. He smiled back. He leaned down and captured my lips with his. I kissed him back. I heard a pop and pulled away and turned back around but his arms stayed around my waist. I put the taco on the second plate and move to the silverware and grabbed two forks. I got out of his arms which lead to him pouting and I chuckled. I set the plates down on the table and grabbed two coffee mugs and since both of us just drink black coffee filled them and brought them to the tabe and set them down.

"Thank you love." He said smiling.

"Your welcome Enzo." I said smiling back. We ate in silence and once we were done I did the dishes and the whole time he had his arms wrapped around my waist. Just holding me. It felt nice and I felt safe. Once I was done I was back to packing up the last few things while he called some of his men to come and get the stuff and we both left for home. Home. It feels like such a foreign word. And its funny the word home is just a word but yet it holds so much meaning. Soon we were home and we both went inside to see Grace running around like chicken with her head cut off and a maid trying to catch her so she could put her dress on.

"Grace Lily Jane Valentino!" I almost shouted. She froze right where she was. Lorenzo looked shocked at how well she listened to me with just the use of her full name. I didn't have to say anything more for her to go and put the dress on.

"Alexis?" I heard my aunt Jo's voice. I turned around and smiled. I ran to her and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry. I know you were worried. I didn't answer because I knew they would trace the call. I didn't wanna be found for a bit. I'm sorry." I rambled out. She just chuckled.

"It's ok. I understand." She said kissing my head. We all went into the kitchen where she was baking. When she wasn't looking I snatched a cookie. Mhm. It was so good. I heard a chuckle behind me and it was Lorenzo. I smiled at him and turned back around only to see aunt Jo glaring at me. I hide the cookie behind my back.

"What do you have Alexis?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said innocently.

"Uh huh. Hands." She said Lorenzo grabbed the cookie and I showed her my hands smiling. She shook her head and turned around. I turned around to Enzo only to find him eating my cookie. I glared at him. He chuckled nervously. As I was about to speak he put it in my mouth. And pulled me to him by my waist. I finished the cookie in my mouth.

"You ate my cookie." I said pouting. He chuckled.

"I'm sorry baby. It was good though." He said. I slapped his chest and he chuckled. I leaned my head on his chest and he held me closer.

"What is going on?" I heard aunt Jo ask. I giggled. And turned in his arms facing her. I started blushing.

"You finally have the balls to ask her out?" She questioned Lorenzo. He turned almost beat red and I chuckled. Suddenly my phone rang and I pulled it out of my back pocket and the ID said Jenna. I got out his arms and answered the phone.

"Hello." I said.

"Hey Lex." She sounded sick and in pain.

"Where are you?" I asked immediately. She went silent and my phone buzzed. It was an address. More like an alleyway.

"Stay there I'm on my way."  I said and hung up. Enzo looked worried. I went outside and seen two guards.

"You two. Are coming with me to this address." I stated coldly. They nodded looking slightly scared. They drove there and I seen no one other than Jenna. They both followed me out in case of anything. I ran to Jenna once I seen her. I felt a pulse.

"Lets go. Back to the mansion. Have the doctor ready in the hospital wing." I demanded as we drove. They nodded. Once we were there. I carried her in and to the hospital wing basically running. The doctor quickly took her in and pushed me out of the room. I was pissed and wanted to know who the fuck did that to my best friend. I walked back out of the hospital wing and found the two guards. I waved for them to follow me. They did we were by the kitchen.

"Thank you for coming you may go back to your posts." I said nodding at them. They both nodded and left.

"Lexi." I heard an excited scream.

"Hey bumblebee." I said smiling.

"Help me. Enzo is chasing me." She said. I quickly picked her up and played along. Enzo seen me and smiled with a worried look when he looked at my clothes. I looked down and seen blood. Shit. I set Grace down and told her to go into the kitchen. She nodded and hopped along.

"Why is there blood on your clothes? Are you ok? Are you hurt?" He asked coming to me and holding my face in a gentle grip. I smiled.

"No I'm not hurt. But we should talk." I said and started walking towards the hospital wing. He followed confused.

"Talk about what?" He questioned for the 100th time.

"The phone call I got earlier. It was Jenna." I said slowly. He nodded.

"She got shot but thankfully when we got to where she was she still had a strong heartbeat. We brought her back here and now she is in surgery." I said.

"Who's we?" He asked.

"I took two of your guards just in case she was seriously injured." I said. He nodded. He ran his hand threw his hair.

"And you didn't fucking tell me?" He snapped. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Well excuse me if getting to her was my first fucking priority. She's my best god damn friend. If I lose her.." I couldn't even finish as it pained me to think about.

"How do think I would have felt if you were to late? God do you even think before you do shit Alexis?!" He shouted. I nodded.

"When your ready to cool your fucking jets come find me because I am not the one who is going to sit around and take you screaming at me." I said and went to Jenna's room to wait for her to be wheeled back in. I heard something hit the wall really hard outside the room but knew it was Lorenzo. About an hour later the doctor wheeled her in and said she should wake up within the hour. I dismissed him out of the room. I sat beside her holding her hand.  About an hour later she started to wake up. At first she looked confused until she see me.

"Hey." I said softly handing her some water. She smiled at me.

"Thank you." She said after she set the water down.

"For?" I asked confused.

"For coming for me." She clarified. I smiled and chuckled.

"Dude you don't need to thank me. Your my best fucking friend of course I was going to come for you." I said pulling her into a hug.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Lorenzo's house." I responded. She looked happy.

"Why are you here though?" She asked even more confused.

"Jo is my aunt. My mom sent me away and here I am." I said chuckling with little humor. She smiled.

"I hope my brother hasn't been a dick to you." She said.

"He wasn't until about an hour and a half ago." I said.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I told him the call was from you and that you got shot and were in surgery and he blew up at me." I said wincing a bit as it for some reason hurt physically to admit.

"You like like my brother." She said grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Yeah. I do." I said not denying it.

"How's Grace?" She asked.

"She is good. I can go get her if you'd like?" I questioned. She nodded happily.

"I'll be back."