Chapter 2

Alexis's POV:

The next morning when I woke up at 5:30am. I didn't dread the day before it started. Truth is, I didn't know why I wasn't dreading the day before it even starts. With a sigh I got up from the bed and got dressed in blue jeans and a tshirt with converse. I grabbed my phone and went out of my room amd went to the kitchen. On the way there I heard Grace's crys and it perked my curiosity. I followed the crys and they lead me to a door. I opened it and I seen Grace shaking and crying and Lorenzo trying to wake her up. I sighed softly and went in the room the rest of the way. I tapped his shoulder.

"What are you doing over here? Leave!" He shouted. I shook my head and pushed him out of the way. I crawled into Grace's bed and held her close. I started singing 'falling like the stars by james arthur.' I may not talk but I sing when I can. Soon enough her sobs quieted down and her eyes fluttered open.

"Hi." Her small voice croaked out. I smiled at her. She made me wanna talk again.

"Bumblebee." I said quiet enough for her to hear. She smiled brightly at the use of her old nickname.

"Lexi." She said back. I smiled and just held her there in my arms. I heard a throat clear and it was Lorenzo. I looked back.

"Thank you." He said quietly. I nodded and got up from the bed.

"Lexi?" I heard as I reached the door. I turned around. "Can we make pancakes?" Grace asked. I nodded and waved for her to come. We walked down the stairs with Lorenzo following.  We reached the kitchen and I got the ingredients out and started my homemade pancakes.

"You don't use boxed pancakes??" Lorenzo asked from the kitchen bar. I shook my head. As I was mixing and stuff I could feel Lorenzo's eyes on me the whole time. I didn't know how to feel about that though. After I was done making pancakes I put one on a plate and gave it to Grace and I gave one to Lorenzo. After that I started cleaning the kitchen up.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I heard Lorenzo. I turned around to see his concerned face. I shook my head. He sighed and got up coming towards me. I turned back around and went back to doing the dishes. The next thing I know I'm being lifted up in the air by Lorenzo. I wasn't expecting it and squealed. Grave was laughing her ass off. Next thing I know I'm being set down in the chair in-between Grace and Lorenzo. Lorenzo set a pancake infront of me.

"Eat." Lorenzo stated. I rolled my eyes and ate it. After we were I done I started on the dishes.

"Lexi?" I heard Grace. I turned and nodded. "Can I help?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. She moved a kitchen chair over to me and helped me with the dishes. When we were almost done I heard a camera click. I turned around and seen Lorenzo. I shook my head and dried my hands off. I helped Grace down from the chair and she dried her hands off and put the chair back. She went off to play in the living room and I went into the back yard and sat down next to the pool with my earbuds in. I laid down just soaking in the sun. I felt someone sit down next to me and take my earbud out. I looked over and it was Lorenzo.

"You'll be moving into a room closer to Grace's." He all but stated. I raised my brow in question.

"You can calm here down quicker from the nightmares." He explained. I nodded. I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath. I felt him lay down to.

"How come you sing but not talk?" He asked. I tensed and stood up quickly.

"Wait." I heard him shout as I ran into the house to my room.

Lorenzo's POV:

"Wait." I shouted after her but she didn't even slow down. I sighed. I wondered what happened to her. Maybe I can ask her aunt. I went inside the house and into the kitchen hoping she was there and she was.

"Hey Jo." I spoke up. She jumped a bit.

"You startled me." She spoke.

"Sorry." I chuckled out.

"Whatcha need?" She asked.

"Why wont Alexis talk?" I asked.

"No one but one person knows. She just stopped talking one day and was just really closed off. " She said sighing.

"What do you think happened?" I asked.

"Something that no one should have to go threw." She said looking down at her cleaning. I raised my brow.

"And that is?" I pressed.

"I think she was raped or something like that." She spoke softly.

"And who was the one person who knows?" I pressed again.

"Jenna." She said.

"My sister Jenna?" I asked shocked. She nodded. I sighed.

"You like her don't you?" Jo questioned.

"What!? No!" I defended. She just laughed and walked out. I knew she didn't believe me. I mean hell I didn't even believe myself. I went to the staff rooms and went to hers. I knocked and she answered.

"Let me show you to your new room. And if your stuff is ready we can bring those up." I said. She nodded and grabbed a suit case and two other bags. I grabbed the suit case and the duffle bag from her. She smiled lightly at me. My smile must have gotten so much bigger because she giggled a bit. Ok that's a start. I lead her to her new room which just happens to be right next to mine. I helped her unpack.

"Join us for dinner tonight." I said in a demanding tone. She just nodded. I left the room with a small smile on my face and got ready for dinner.