chapter 19

Lunch passed smoothly with occasional stares from Jin-Ah, who still had a little doubt whether the both of them were simply 'friends' but then put it aside since there were no intimate moves between the both of them. While Park Kyung-Hye kept putting food in their plates, to which, Jin-Chul responded by putting food in her plate as well, to be polite.

Jin-Chul would also glance at Jin-Woo who had the ever gentle smile plastered on his face. Jin-Woo's every little move made him fall harder and harder for this perfect man. The fact that Jin-Woo had trusted him enough invite him to meet Jin-Woo's family made him happy that probably Jin-Woo saw him as someone important to the other, just like how Jin-Chul saw Jin-Woo as someone he wanted to protect and treasure.

'My love for you is not hopeles after all, I just hope you can accept this overwhelming love of mine.'

Then Jin-Chul phone suddenly rang, he excused himself and answer the call immediately. He carried two phones, the first was a personal phone and the second was for the work related to the Hunter's Association. The one that rang was his second phone, therefore it must be something important since today was supposed to be his day off.

"What's the matter?"

"Chief! I'm sorry for bothering you at your day off but a gate has appeared in the middle of the road at XXXX Street few minute ago. It caused a traffic jam. It is suspected to be a strong red gate!"

"Did you block the street? What about the hunters?"

"We're still evacuating the citizens but there are some that aren't cooperating. They caused a havoc and are demanding for the gate to be quickly closed. The hunters are still on their way."

"Try to calm them. Make sure that the citizens are away from the gate. I'll be there"

Jin-Chul ended the call and sighed. Why have the people decided to be so unreasonable today? He walked back inside to inform the others of his departure from the meal.

"I'm sorry but I need to leave-"

Loud noises were coming from the outside. Jin-Woo stood up and looked out the window to see what happened. His eyes went slightly wide.

"A gate has appeared outside, a big one too."

Park Kyung-Hye hugged her daughter tightly, still terrified of the incident from before. Jin-Woo looked at Jin-Chul, "Were you informed of this?"

"Just now." He replied. Jin-Woo nodded in understanding and took out his phone.

"Jin-Ho where are you?"......."Good, meet me at xxxx restaurant now"

He ended the call and started to assure his mother and sister, "Mom, Jin-Ah, Jin-Ho will come and send you back home. You will be safe."

"What about you?"

"I'll be with Jin-Chul, maybe I can help him control the situation."

He gently brought them out of the restaurant and made them sit into the car. When he met up with Jin-Ho, he told Jin-Ho to drive them back home safely.

By the time they arrived, the street was filled with protesting citizens who seemed to think that the gates can be easily closed like any other ordinary gate.

Jin-Chul stood in the middle and said, "CITIZENS! PLEASE CALM DOWN SO THE ASSOCIATION CAN HANDLE THIS!"

However, there were still some people who wouldn't listen.

"Hurry up!"

"I have an important job to attend!"

(E/n: this gives me the "omniscient reader's viewpoint" vibes lol.)

"Just close the damn gate already!"

Jin-Chul who was already annoyed that his holiday was interrupted just to assure this ungrateful bunch, was pissed.

"IF YOU WANT US TO HURRY UP THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP SO WE CAN FINISH THIS," he yelled while letting out his domineering Alpha pheromones along with his aura, causing the loud crowd to go silent in fear. They immediately left so as to not anger him.

Jin-Woo was standing nearby so as to not attract atteention to himself, he looked at Jin-Chul who still seemed pissed.

JIn-Woo had always seen Jin-Chul being so gentle and considerate that he had almost forgotten that the man is an Alpha and a hunter. He was near Jin-Chul so he could smell the man's pheromones, a strong smell of jasmine, his body had started trembling a bit due to the excessive contact with Alpha pheromones but that seemed to be all.

'He was quite attractive just now.'

Realizing what he had just thought, Jin-Woo flushed red.

'The hell? Did I just think Jin-Chul is attractive?'Although he didn't disagree with this thought.

This line of reasoning made Jin-Woo go even redder.

(E/n: Awwwwww, that's so cute. I AM LOVING THIS FLUFF)

When Jin-Woo saw Jin-Chul is walking towards him, he slapped his cheeks to reduce his red blush, not like it was helping much.

(E/n: Jin-Woo, that was very dumb. You're not me, be smart you dork!!!)

Jin-Chul walked towards Jin-Woo right after he handled everything. He has never yelled like that before, and in anger, he let out his Alpha pheromones. What would Jin-Woo think of him? An Alpha who uses his pheromones to control people? He doesn't want Jin-Woo to hate him.

When he was nearing Jin-Woo he saw Jin-Woo slapping his cheeks? He hurried to Jin-Woo, who looked at him calmly with faint redness on his cheeks due to slapping his own face.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally let out my pheromones. Are you alright?"

He let out some comforting pheromones to comfort the other. Jin-Woo smelled the familiar scent and his mind became at ease. The scent was just like before, a unique scent of jasmine, strong yet somehow unreasonably soft.

His family always said that his scent is like that of a fresh lavender on a spring day, warm, fragrant and totally addictive. To avoid troublesome things that involve pheromones, he usually suppresses his scent. Though his sister said that he still reeked of lavender, warm and fragrant but not as adictive which was quite acceptable in her standards.

"It's fine....you're kinda cool like that though", Jin-Woo blurted out.

Jin-Chul was surprised and then his face became red. The same could be said about Jin-Woo, he felt embarassed, why did he blurt that out?!

Jin-Woo felt the embarassment washing over him, he wanted to hide. Never had he felt so embarassed like this, nor had he ever blurted things out. His thoughts had always remained in his head, how come he blurted them out right here and right now? And his heart was beating faster than usual, not like the adrenaline he felt when fighting monsters.

'What the hell is wrong with me'

(A/N: o-o i think i just made jin-woo ooc)

(E/n: Honey, OOC Jin-Woo is what we live for.)