06. The Highlands

➼➼➼

•1320 AD, Scotland

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

1320 AD, Scotland

  THE GOLDEN ARROW PIERCED through the skin of the Deviant, right into its heart. The beast howled in pain before tumbling to the ground in a heap. A cheer rang out amongst the soldiers on the field, their final foe defeated. Artemis knelt on top of a hill, looking down at all of them. They raised their swords, a sign of respect towards the woman who had just saved their kingdom. A big and full laugh came from behind her. Artemis turned to see the Lord of the small kingdom, Fergus. "Where'd you learn to shoot like that?"

With a breathy chuckle, Artemis stood to her feet. "Just years of practice," She answered simply.

Fergus chuckled and shook his head. "There will be a feast tonight in your honour!" 

He and Artemis began to walk down the hill where the soldiers cleaned up the battlefield. Artemis could see Ajak tending to the wounded and Gilgamesh carrying the fallen. "So many dead..." She shook her head, a pit forming in her stomach. 

"They knew the risks of war," Fergus patted her shoulder. "They did not die in vain." 

Artemis knew he was trying to comfort her and she appreciated that, but his words brought her no solace. They stopped just at the bottom of the hill. "Tend to your men, Fergus. They need you."

Fergus bowed. "Thank you, Artemis."

They parted ways and Artemis couldn't hide her frown as she walked towards Ajak, who had just finished healing a man's broken femur. "What's with that face?" Ajak asked. 

"They were massacred, yet they smile and laugh," Artemis shook her head, wrapping her arms around her torso. "They're throwing a banquet tonight to celebrate." 

Ajak sighed, placing a soft hand on Artemis's shoulder. Warmth spread throughout her body as Ajak healed the small cuts, strains, and bruises. "Humans are strange that way. They do not cower in the jaws of defeat. And today, they won. Yes, men were lost, but they are still living. They understand the sacrifices their comrades made to let them live."

"Always so wise," Artemis chuckled, but there was a hint of bitterness in her voice. 

Ajak tilted her head. "What's wrong, Artemis? You're on edge." 

"I..." Artemis huffed, shaking her head. Why was she so agitated? Deep down, she knew why, but she couldn't tell Ajak that. It was a secret between only Druig and her. She decided for a different answer that was still the truth, but not entirely. "The wedding...it's tomorrow."

Ajak softened. "Oh, dear one," She shook her head with a knowing smile. "You and Druig have been together for centuries. Nothing will change."

"But...marriage in a way is making it official. It all leads up to this," Artemis sighed.

somewhere in time, druigजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें