Chapter 14 - On Tour At Last

AN: thanks to elIiegoulding and elliegirlsandbooks for giving me the idea of Leonie going on tour and Ellie's dickhead ex husband showing up. Thank you both and hope you enjoy the chapter :) xx

Several months later at the iTunes festival 2013. PS this is a very special performance to me as it was the very first time I saw ellie live (YouTube still not seen her with my own eyes yet ) and I instantly fell in love with her and her music. Shortly afterwards I became a goulddigger and I have been part of the fandom ever since.
Leonie's P.O.V

Finally I had finished my exams and was going on tour with ellie, I had never seen her live before so this was extra special for me. I was in the front row wearing an ellie beanie and a halcyon days jumper, it was a bit cheeky me wearing them as they weren't even on sale yet. Just then the lights went out and the count down started, I joined in with the rest of the crowd "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0!" A massive shout went out. Just then Ellie's band walked onto the stage and the intro to 'Don't Say A Word' started, then ellie walked on stage wearing a black tummy top and grey leggings with white writing on and white doc martens. Ellie picked up her drum sticks and beat out the rythm, then she put them down "here it is! In my hands, in my veins and over lands. It spreads like fire, seeking air, to pull me in, my own funfair, won't you come, won't you come, won't you come, just don't say a word, won't you come, won't you come, won't you come, just don't say a word!"

She sounded amazing! Ellie looked completely at home up on stage and I found myself tapping my feet along with the rythm of the drums, soon afterwards the song finished. The lighting changed showing ellie standing in the middle of the stage with her head tilted back and the microphone held between her boobs, I just shook my head trying not to laugh. Just then the music stopped leaving Chris playing the acoustic guitar to halcyon as ellie started singing "I know its not over, baby I've worked this out, for sure, its gonna be colder, and when you force open the door, I know you better, than I ever have before, I know you. I know you're a fighter, but you never fought for me when I was your shelter, so you're not heading home to me, we could be closer, we could be closer, we could be." I was singing along and bobbing my head to the easy rhythm of the song when suddenly with perfect timing the rest of the band joined in for the chorus. I loved the way she ended the song just slowly fading away "it's gonna be eeeeee, its gonna be eeeeeee"