ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Abby had never been good with conflict. Arguments, fights. It was one thing when other people, like her parents, were screaming at each other through the walls, but when it was her argument to fight she was useless. She would often shut down, not completely but enough to warrant worrying. The only emotions felt were guilt and... well that's it guilt.

That's how she found herself sat on a stool at Joe's Bar, drowning her regrets in bitter alcohol. She held her glass, barely, in her her fingertips watching the liquid splash around in the glass. That was until a voice pulled her out of her self pity. 

"Rough day?" The voice asked. Abby looked up to see a woman, very pretty one at that.  She had long, blonde hair, very blue eyes and a strong jaw. Doing a once over of the woman Abby could see she was very fit, her black and white jacket fitting her rather nicely. 

"You could say that." Abby sighed before taking a sip of her drink. "You?"

"Yep." The woman replied, popping the 'p' at the end. "Maya."

"Huh?" Abby hummed slightly confused.

"Sorry. I'm Maya, Maya Bishop." The woman, Maya, clarified extending her hand out for the other blonde to shake.

"Oh right," Abby nodded taking her hand. "Abigail Grey." The two women just smiled at each other. Abby couldn't help but look at her eyes. Those blue eyes. Eyes that reminded her of Amelia's. 

"Can I buy you a drink?" Maya asked, nodding towards the empty glass sat in front of the other woman. 

"Uh, sure." She smiled. "Thanks."

------

Amelia woke up the next morning, feeling around the bed once again finding it empty. She reached over for her phone, reading 1 new voicemail. She blinked away the sleep in her eyes before opening her phone to play the message. 

"Hey, it's Abby. Duh, you idiot she can read. Uh anyways hey." The voice of her obviously drunk girlfriend, were they still together, rang through the room. "So I meet this woman at Joe's. Her name is Maya. She's hot, and a firefighter. She's got this long blonde hair and these incredibly blue eyes." Amelia swore she heard her heart break. 

"These blue eyes that I just couldn't stop staring at, because..." There was a pause and all Amelia could hear was the pounding of her heart. "Because, they reminded me of yours." Amelia let out a sigh of relief as a rouge tear slipped down her cheek. 

"I was stupid, you know?  Saying that I didn't need you. It was a load of bullshit. Because I do need you. I need you Amelia Shepherd. I would use your middle name but um, I don't know it so yeah.." Amelia let out chuckles at the woman at the other end of the phone. ".I guess I'm trying to say sorry, which sucks cause I hate apologizing especially when I know I'm in the wrong. But basically the jist is that I -" The phone beeped as the message cut off. 

Amelia tapped on Abby's contact, attempting to call her back as she didn't know where the woman ended up last night. As the phone was ringing she heard the obnoxiously loud sound of Abby's ringtone, blasting from the living room. She slowly got up and made her way through the house. When her eyes landed on the couch, there she saw her. None other than Abigail Grey curled up on the couch, snoring gently.

A/N: Sorry its been so long and that this is so short. Been really struggling with ideas recently. Anyway thanks for reading :)