ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

The two Grey sisters were sat at the kitchen island eating breakfast before work, talking to Derek on the laptop. "You made waffles in our kitchen." Abigail let out a snort.

"You're delusional if you think she made anything I'm actually consuming." Both Abby and Derek chuckled, but Meredith didn't seem to find it amusing.

"Hey, watch it." Meredith warned playfully pointing her fork at her sister, who just raised her hands in surrender. "Anyway, no I didn't make waffles. Your sister did, in between weepy phone calls with the fiance." Meredith turned around to wave to the woman on the deck, thankfully missing the immediate drop in her sisters expression at the mention of Amelia's soon to be husband.

Once Meredith had turned back around to talk to her husband, Abby couldn't help but gaze towards the woman outside. She was getting completely lost in her own thoughts, totally missing the rest of Meredith and Derek's conversation. That was until Meredith shut the laptop and clearing her throat.

"What?" Abby half jumped as her sister looked at her, eyebrows raised.

"Abby. Don't tell me you're fawning over her." Meredith said with genuine concern laced in her voice. "She's engaged."

"A fact that I am painfully aware of." Abby sighed shaking her head. "There's just something about her Mer. Its different." There was a pause. "Not to mention the fact that she flirts back. I've given her the option for me to back off, and she didn't take it."

"Well I mean they have been arguing."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, but I think they're arguing about the fact that she's still here."

"Do you think she's gonna go back?"

"Honestly... I don't think you should get your hopes up." Meredith said before getting up and patting her sisters shoulder. "C'mon we've got to get to work." Abby just nodded letting out a low groan, going to get ready.

------

"Mmmmm" Cristina moaned over a waffle that Meredith had brought to work for her. Before she could swallow Owen walked to tell about the new candidates for head of cardio. Abby thought it was strange that Owen had her picking, but then again Cristina Yang had the most brutal standards that anyone else so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

It turned out that Meredith felt the same. "I still can't believe he's making you pick your replacement."

"She's not. She's picking Dr. Russell's replacement right?" Abby questioned.

"Mmhm. Exactly, at least you get it." Cristina said tilting her head towards the younger of the Grey sisters either side of her.

"Still, it's a punishment. It's like making you clean the apartment you're vacating." Meredith continued.

"Nah, Owens been nothing but supportive."

"Mm-mm" Meredith shook her head. "Something's coming. I can feel it in my bones."

Abby nudged Cristina nodding at Meredith. "Careful her bones are never wrong." She said all to seriously for the sentence that left her mouth. The three women stood outside the conference room looking at the first guy.

"Ew." Meredith commented.

Cristina added, "I hate his face."

Before Abby said, "I just don't like men." Shuddering slightly. Both Meredith and Cristina craned their necks to look at her. "What?" She shrugged.