Chapter 9

A new day came and the empire remained the same. A general with the best position came back from her skirmish in the northern tribe. Emperor Makato shows his appreciation.

Makato: General Esdeath, for your success in conquering the northern tribe, we have arranged your reward of 10,000 gold coins.

Esdeath: I'm grateful, your highness. I will be sending it to the soldiers still fighting to protect our land. They will be pleased.

Honest: (Esdeath truly doesn't care for money or power. She is only concerned with war and victory. As long as I'm in control, she can destroy whatever she wishes. Our interest can co-exist. She is the ideal puppet.)

Esdeath: Now that I have returned to the capital from the north land, your majesty can once again rest at ease. I shall be terminating Night Raid next.

She said while still kneeling with three soldiers wearing special black uniforms kneeling behind her.

Makato: Quite an undertaking. I would like to reward you with something more than just currency for your ambitious achievement. You don't really care for a net worth, so is there something else you'd prefer?

Esdeath: Actually there is. If I could choose anything...

Makato: Go on.

Esdeath: I believe I'd like to try falling in love.

Makato: Eh?

Honest: Huh?

Makato: Ah, yes! That sounds reasonable. You are a single woman of marriageable age after all. I will serve as your matchmaker. So how about the minister here?

Honest: M-my lord?!

Esdeath: The minister doesn't take good care of himself. He won't live much longer.

Honest: Proposterious! I'm in perfect health.

He said while eating a small piece of meat.

Honest: Well then, would you be so kind as to tell us what you'd like.

Esdeath: First let me warn you. I can be terribly selective. Very few men will come close to my expectations. Once I'm ready, I will present you with a list of my preferences.

NIGHT RAID'S HIDEOUT

Y/N was training Tatsumi as usual. Tatsumi's been taking this seriously, as he should be. Every day, he improves. He gets stronger. Y/N not only noticed a physical change but also his mentality was stronger.

They decided to stop for today. Tatsumi still needed to do sword training with Bulat and Akame.

Y/N wiped his sweat off with a towel before practicing his martial arts. He was good, but he wasn't a master exactly. Wrestling is another matter.

He was training hard as usual before the group was called in for a meeting. Y/N cleaned himself up before meeting up with the rest.

Y/N: What's this about?

Najenda: We have a new problem. Esdeath is making her reappearance int the capital. Earlier she orders her imperial officers to attacks political group and post these flyers around the crime scene.

Y/N grabs the flyer and examines it. 

Y/N: "Punishment from heaven." -Night Raid. So they're trying to frame us, huh? People can't really believe this, right?

Najenda: I wouldn't be so sure. The targets they were after were well trained in combat. And their guards were equipped with 2nd rank gear and weapons. So they couldn't be overrun by any ordinary thugs.