It's my turn to squeeze his fingers.

“We don't need to pretend here, Natasha.” He lets go of my hand and I huff.

The saleswoman stares at us, half embarrassed and confused.

— Well, I'll leave you at ease, if you prefer…

“No, we're in a hurry. Steve picks up his wallet.

Damn, how could he be so rude?

The girl now looks at me with a pitying look.

She must be thinking Steve is one of those abusive guys and that I'm only with him for the money.

- I'm sure your bride would like to choose more carefully, this is an important time.

Steve takes a deep breath, and before he can give the poor salesgirl another sharp answer, I point to the biggest diamond.

- This one. I smile to ease the situation. - It's beautiful.

- He is sure? the woman insists, with a defiant look at Steve. — I can show you more options…

“No, this is great,” I reply quickly. “We're really in a hurry.

She seems to think I'm crazy too, but she shrugs and directs Steve to the cashier.

"Don't you want to put it on your fiancée's finger?" she asks as she hands Steve the box with the ring.

He rolls his eyes impatiently and I hold out my hand.

— Yes, dear, do the honors! — I provoke. He takes the ring and puts it on my finger, giving me an "enough, don't you think?" look.

— It was beautiful! - the saleswoman comments with a polite smile.

When Steve leads the way, she touches my arm.

"He's handsome and he must be quite rich, but I think he can do better!"

“It's okay, he's good in bed. I blink before following Steve almost running out of the store.

Well, it was good that he was even there to make up for all that rudeness!

I wait until we're in the car to release the dogs.

"How can it be so thick?"

“Why is he screaming? he asks calmly.

"You could have been polite in there!"

— I said, there's no need to pretend when we're away from my family, Natasha.

"I know, but it's not the saleswoman's fault you invented this ridiculous farce!"

"Ridiculous farce?" His eyes gleam dangerously.

"You know it is!"

- You agreed to this 'ridiculous farce' and even set your terms, didn't you?

Retreat, red.

yes i had metaken advantage of the situation.

"Perhaps I also find your terms ridiculous," he concludes.

I open my mouth in dismay.

"What do you mean?" Just because I asked you to fuck do you think I'm ridiculous?

— That's not what I said…

— OK, go ahead, you can say what you think of me! I yell. Who does Steve think he is?

I'm already starting to regret having agreed to help him.

I don't know if a sex was worth all that drama!