Dragon Call Part 2

Zacznij od początku

"She may be a woman, but she's a brave one." He commented.

He whispered, "I'm impressed by your skill..." I realized he didn't know my name.

"Alexandra," I said.

"See you around Alexandra." The crowd dispersed and Gaius dragged Merlin and me back to the chambers. Gaius went on a rant that I had already run through my head. We all ended the night early because Lady Helen was to arrive at Camelot for the festival.

"Merlin..." "MERLIN..."

Merlin shook me until I woke up.

"Alexandra, there is this dragon underneath the castle and he was calling my name..." He exclaimed.

"I know," I replied.

"And he was going on about... wait, what?"

I responded, "The Great Dragon was going on about our destiny and Arthur is the once and future king."

"There must be another Arthur because this one's an idiot," he commented.

"I know, but maybe it's our job to change that," I padded his back and he left the room. I threw on a plain green dress and followed Merlin and Gaius to the palace staircase to welcome the renowned singer, Lady Helen.

Both Merlin and I were still unemployed, so we went on our ways to deliver remedies to Gaius's patients

Both Merlin and I were still unemployed, so we went on our ways to deliver remedies to Gaius's patients. Lady Helen and Morgana are the only names I recognized on the list. Merlin agreed to take the side where Lady Helen was. I agreed to take the remedies on Lady Morgana's side. As I was walking in the halls away from Merlin, I saw Gwen. I waved hello, and she stopped to talk. We got along very well which made me feel like I had my first girl best friend. Before she left and continued with her chores, I asked her for directions to Lady Morgana's room. She said that is where she was headed, so we could go together. We talked the whole way there from home life to daily business in Camelot. She brought up the fight with Arthur. I told her it was out of line and that I was surprised he let me go. She said that she was too, but she said that no one has ever fought, especially against the prince. Gwen knocked on the Lady's door and we entered. Morgana was changing behind a screen and Gwen went to assist the Lady. Morgana asked Gwen if she was expected to go with Arthur to the banquet even if he did not invite her. They talk amongst themselves and I was too nervous to speak.

"Lady Morgana, I have brought a sleeping drought proscribed by the court physician." Her body glided from behind the screen to the mirror where she checked her appearance.

"Which dress should I wear? Should I wear this little tease or give them a night they will remember?" She finally looked at me. She was truly beautiful with her raven long hair and her piercing blue eyes. The red dress she wore accentuated every part of her hourglass shape.

"I believe the red one will surely blow them all away even Prince Arthur would not see it coming," I responded.

"You're the girl from the square... are you not?"