Dragon born

TW: abuse, blood, swearing, homophobia, death, Grimmel.

Thank you to beatdatsky for the request. I had honestly been waiting for an excuse to write this and you gave it to me. So thank you a lot.

This is an au where Frida was cursed to be half-dragon half-human, (after Grimmel destroyed the egg that would be Shadow),  and can shift between having wings and a tail to claws, canines, and scales and a real Night Fury.

The room was busy.

The midwives ran around, trying their best to help the woman lying in bed.

The husband was of no use. He wasn't even there. Something Miriam, a young midwife, found extremely disrespectful. His wife was here, in the worst pain she would probably ever experience, and he was nowhere to be seen!?

"Just a little more Sigrid!" One of the midwives said.

Sigrid had tears streaming down her face and Miriam came over and held her hand. The two were best friends, and if her husband wasn't going to be here, then Miriam would do her best.

Miriam was scared Sigrid broke her hand as she screamed louder than she had the entire night.

But when she stopped it was replaced by a small cry.

The midwives began to celebrate and Miriam checked on her friend. She was a mess. Her hair stuck to her forehead, slick with sweat. She had tearstains down her cheeks yet she still smiled.

The oldest midwife wrapped up the bundle and handed it to Sigrid who took it with such care as if it were the most fragile piece of glass.

She held the baby to her chest and Miriam leaned over to look.

It was a girl, with a small tuft of white hair on her head. But... Something wasn't right.

At first, Miriam thought she had seen wrong and that the child might be a boy, but no.

"What is...?" She asked as she pointed to the small tail-like... Thing that lay between the tiny baby's legs.

"That, my dears, are signs of a curse."

They all turned and saw the old town healer in the door.

"Your husband did something unspeakable tonight. He killed something that would have been a precious bond between two species. Instead, it left your daughter like... This," she said and pointed to the baby.

She motioned for Sigrid to turn the child over, and Sigrid did, with as much care as she could.

Gasps were heard around the room as the baby's back uncovered. On the child's back, lay to bumps and a small tail.

"I don't believe you have to be me to understand what those are," Agnes stated.

"What does this mean?" Sigrid asked, terrified of what this would mean for her child.

"That she can't be seen. People will try and kill her. Keep her safe, Sigrid. Keep her hidden. The gods have planned something, I am just not sure yet," Agnes said.

Sigrid turned the baby over again and almost melted at the look she was given. She had her father's eyes. Almost. Her eyes looked ribbed for pigment, but at the same time, they were a beautiful, light blue. Her hair was whiter than snow, unlike her father who's hair was slightly gray.

The baby was giving her a curious gaze while trying to grab something. Sigrid soon understood she was hungry.

"Take care of her. She will do great things," Agnes said as Sigrid fed her child.