Catching up with a friend

A/N: this one was requested from Janet Sara they (don't know your pronouns) really wanted a Drago one shot. I have more in stock.

Request: Frida meets Drago again sometime in the future and sees he now has a family she is happy for that he's been able to find happiness. Frida promises that she won't tell Berk that he is alive.

(Drawings at the end.)

Frida held Freya close to her chest as they flew.

The girl had just turned 11, but she was still very small, just like her brother. Though he was just about to turn 7 years. Both of them were quite small, might have something to do with the trauma they went through so early in life, or maybe there were complications at their births. Frida loved them no less.

The girl giggled in front of her as her braided hair flew behind her and into Frida's chest and face. She was holding her arms and tongue out, seemingly enjoying the ride.

"Where are we going again?!" Heather shouted from beside her, her voice almost drowned in the wind.

"To see an old friend of mine! I just got news of where he was a few weeks ago! I just need to see how he is doing! Haven't seen him in over 8 years... I think!" Frida shouted back, smiling at how her wife was cradling their son to her chest. As much as he loved flying, he was also terrified.

"Can we trust him?!" Heather shouted back.

Frida looked out towards the horizon. "I hope so."

They made camp on an island that was just a three-hour ride from their final destination. Freya was sleeping soundly against Frida's chest, her hand clutching the collar of her tunic. Blaze was snoring softly on Heather's chest and Heather's head lay in her lap.

"How do you know this person?" Heather asked after a while.

"He was working with my father until they both fell out. Then he was said to die, but I luckily got news that he is very much alive," Frida said and laid back. Heather came up on her other side and laid her head on her abdomen while bringing Blaze closer to her chest.

"What is his name?"

"... Drago."

Heather's eyes widened.

"Drago Bludvist?!" She shouted.

Frida felt Freya stir against her chest and shushed the little girl back to sleep. When she finally calmed down Frida shot Heather a look.

"Sorry," Heather whispered. "But Drago Bludvist? He was a mass murderer and wanted control over every dragon on the planet to use them in war. How was he your friend?"

"When I was still with my dad, he negotiated with Drago and the Warlords. Dragon is actually a decent human being, he realized what he was doing was wrong after a lot of questioning. He helped me out when my dad was practically torturing me," Frida said as she stroked Heather's back comfortingly.

"I trust your judgment, but if he hurts you or our children I won't hesitate to separate his head from the rest of his body, understood?" Heather said in a stern tone.

"Yes ma'am," Frida said with a chuckle.

* * *

They landed on the soft grass, just a little away from a big, brown, house. It had at least two stories and a stable to the side.

"You think it is here?" Heather asked.

Frida was about to answer when she heard a shout. She jogged over to a tree and hid behind it and smiled at what she saw.