Triptych

"You're late. What happened?" Barbara asked Dick as he approached her, not looking away from the compter screen in front of her.

"There were... difficulties." Dick answered as she turned her wheel-chair to face him. "Mist, Livewire and..." He started to explain.

Barbara cut him off. "I know this part. Skip to the..." She started to say.

Dick cut her off. "You want to tell it?" He joked. Barbara sighed. "Mist, Livewire and Shade made their move tonight on S.T.A.R. Labs Detroit." He started to explain what had happened.

Detroit: September 25: 22:56 EDT

On the roof of STAR Labs Detroit, a shadow appeared and three people appeared out of it. The first was a man, who was wearing a silver and black suit and a white face-mask. His name was, Shade.

Behind them were two teenage girls. The first one was a short, olive-skinned teenage girl with hazel eyes and a slim physique. She was wearing a bob cut of silver-blond hair and a piercing on her left nostril. Her name was, Mist. Her real name was, Andie Murphy.

The other girl was a slim young woman with chalk-white skin, blue eyes and cyan-blue hair styled in an undercut. She was wearing a strapless indigo dye leotard with black edges and skintight pants with a black pattern, slightly below the waistline which leave her obliques exposed. She also wore a matching skintight cloth above and below her elbows, fingerless cycling gloves and boots. Her name was, Livewire. Her real name was, Leslie Willis.

"What's he waiting for?" Andie whispered to Leslie, as they watched Shade. Leslie shrugged.

Shade sighed. "I'm finding the darkness within." He answered, trying to focus on the shadow.

The three of them were dropped into the shadow, which then moved to a lab inside, where a scientist was busy working. The scientist was a dark-skinned middle-aged man with brown eyes, a beard, and black hair cut at the bottom. He was wearing rectangular glasses and a white lab coat with a grayish-blue shirt and maroon tie. His name was, Silas Stone.

Unknown to Silas, the shadow stopped behind, allowing Shade, Andie, and Leslie to come out of it, having teleported through the shadow. Livewire the electrocuted Silas, making him scream as hit his bowl of cereal, then then the table, as he passed out, the cereal covering his head.

"Two points. Didn't think I'd actually score on this mission." Leslie admitted with a smirk

Andie ran over to a machine that they had come for. "This is it." She stated to Livewire and Shade as they walked over.

"The photo didn't indicate scale. It's larger than I was led to believe." Shade admitted, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I thought size doesn't matter." Leslie teased, smirking at him.

Shade used his power of Darkness manipulation to move the shadow to the machine and grab it, separating it from the connected wires as he tried to lower it down into the shadow, trying to teleport it. He strained from the effort, but continued to do his work.

Unkown to the trio, Silas regain consciousness. He managed to press a button, causing an alarm to start blaring.

"We're outta time!" Andie said worriedly.

But Shade managed to lower the machine fully into the shadow. He dropped to his knes from the effort, but Andie and Leslie caught him and supported him.

"That's a lot to swallow." Shade said weakly.

Leslie chuckled slightly. "You got to stop handing me these straight lines." She joked.