𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

⌜︎𝘦𝘯𝘻𝘰 ♔︎ 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 ⌟︎

Amara, Amara, Amara.

In some way she intrigues me, it may be her web of lies, her idiotically gorgeous green eyes full of so much words that would never come from her mouth or maybe, just maybe I like her as a person.

"uhm what's your favorite book?" She asks, laying on her stomach, warm sand covering majority of her.

I don't read.

Thinking from when I was in her bedroom, there where stacks on stacks of books in the corner, not covered by any dust, of course.

"November ninth" I say as I remember seeing the book cover. She looks at me for a second before replying "I love Fallon but undeniably hate Ben" she softly laughs at the end, keeping on my act I nod smiling sort of.

"Why'd you start racing?" She asks another question.

Many answers come to mind, to many to count.

"I needed a release, and just liked every aspect of it" I shrug saying the easiest thing I could've of, she nods looking as if she understands.

She doesn't.

"Have you ever been in love?" She sits up crossing her tan legs in-front of her, shaking my head "no, somebody can't have what they don't believe in" she looks at me, staring through me. "You don't believe in love?" she asks, I shake my head.

"How could you not believe in it? It's all around the world"

"Sure, people think their in love with somebody but truly I don't believe humans are capable of such, even if their with them for years on end, eventually in time something is bound to happen weather that's finding somebody else, hurting them to no end, etc.,
when you feel such a deep affection for somebody, no person in their right mind would ever hurt the person that fills them with such love." I explain playing with a grain of sand in between my thump and pointer.

"your wrong, love hurts. Everything you just explained may be correct in a way... but truly you never mean to hurt the people you love, it just happens and sure there's ways of not making those choices that caused them to hurt, but them getting hurt only shows how much they feel for you. Your going to fall in love one day and feel something so deep it's almost insufferable and unable to be put into words. That's the day, your perspective on life will change forever."

-
⌜𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑎 ♔︎ 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ ⌟︎

"Mom I'm home!" I shout kicking the door shut with my foot while placing my bag down.

"We're in the living room honey"

we?

Walking more into the house, my mom, sitting on the sofa along with an older man I've never seen before with his arm around her shoulders.

"Who's this?" I point, with my keys in my hand at the unfamiliar man. "This is Rafael, my boyfriend" she explains, softly gripping his hand, for support.

"Hello Amara, it's nice to finally meet you" he smiles kissing my moms cheek, as I stare at them. in disgust, hate, and disbelief.

"Boyfriend?" I ask, they both nod smiling.

"Nope, no. Absolutely not. I am not dealing with this today." I go to walk to my room tell my mother calls me back.

"Him and I both deserve respect, Amara. I know your still holding out for your dad to become the person he once was. But he's gone hun." She frowns as anger rises in my core, both of my hands form into fists.

"Oh my god! How could you say things like that, is this why you've been so nice to me lately? acting like the mother your not. Just because you wanted me to like your new boy toy? And what of dad huh? If he can beat on his on daughter he sure as hell can beat up five foot five Rafael" I shout, both of their faces falling.

"What the fuck Amara! You do not get to talk to me as if I'm one of your friends! go to your room!" My mom screams in anger, her face red.

Throwing my arms in the air, I go to open my mouth tell Rafael cuts me off.

"You heard your mother, off you go young lady" he says in a calm and firm voice.

Enzo might have been right, love may not be what we humans make it out to be.

𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐧 𝐜𝐦𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐬!