𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

⌜︎𝘦𝘯𝘻𝘰 ♔︎ 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 ⌟︎

Picking her would have its own cost, but the way she reacted made everything worth it.

the way her tan face slowly lost all of its color, by her sides her hands started to shake, the way her chest was rising and falling rapidly.

"uh- uhm no I'm good" she shakes her head with out hesitation "come on smith, live a little" I smirk "if you mean live by me killing us, then sure let's do it" she sarcastically reply's before turning around.

My hand wraps around her small wrist before turning her around facing me "win for me" I pull her close whispering in her ear.

She gives a hesitant look at the car, "come on, it'll be fun" I say before dragging her by her wrist, to my car.

Slowly we get to my car before she jumps into drivers seat letting out a long sigh, I get in passenger and lean back in the seat tilting my head to the side, looking at her.

She puts her shaking hands on the wheel before pulling up to line, next to Leah and Dawson.

Looking straight ahead her eyes gloss over before she quickly blinks them away taking a deep and long breath.

As soon as the announcer finishes the count down, Leah flys down the road. With everything hitting Amara she quickly slams her foot down on the gas and speeds down the track. Sooner then I expected Dawson's car is in view only a couple feet in front.

-

Amara's on her last lap with Leah on her right, coming around the last turn Leah quickly speeds up but Amara presses her foot down all the way, flooring the petal, easily passing Leah.

She doesn't lift her foot from the petal, keeping up with the same speed as nerve grow in my stomach.

Sitting up in my seat "Slow down" I mumble keeping my eyes on the turn we're about to head face first into. I look over at Amara seeing that she's purely focused on the road. "Amara slow the fuck down" I spit out knowing my words aren't hitting her I slam my hand down on the center consul making her jump but not lose her focus.

She lifts her foot of the gas petal and quickly presses on the brake before turning the wheel making the car slide with a loud screech from the tires.

After making the perfect turn she needed to get us not only to win but not kill us she reaches the finish line before quickly getting out of the car, "stay the fuck away from me" she spits slamming the door,  walking into the crowd that's cheering for her. 

-

Turning down Zack's street I sit back in my seat "man, how the fuck did she not kill you" he laughs rolling a blunt "fuck if I know" I shrug laughing before Zack hands me the blunt and a lighter.

Placing the blunt between my lips I keep my eyes on the road, bring the lighter to the blunt before inhaling.

"I wonder if she's actually that good at racing or just beginners luck" he says as I pass him the blunt and shrug. "Guess either way it's a good thing, can't have a girl ruining your reputation" he sighs smoking coming from his mouth.

Reputation.

My reputation as made me known by many, either in Washington or New York.

I started racing as an escape but it quickly became an addiction.

The cheering, the adrenaline, the way the world and all of its problems slowly fades away as my hands connect with the leather of the steering wheel.

Racing for years on end will get you attention especially if you have a talent for it, your name will either be bashed or cheered.
I've only ever lost one race.

Though it was in the years where I was beginning I've never lived it down, mainly because he finished his laps by the time I was on my first.

That day filled me up with so many harsh emotions it drove me to where I am now, I'm sure I could beat him now. Throw his name in the dirt and stomp on it like he did to me, chew and spit him out, ruin his reputation with only race.

We will meet again, Anthony

𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐜𝐦𝐭