𝐨𝐧𝐞

⌜︎𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑎 ♔︎ 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ ⌟︎

"can you walk any slower" my brother groans leaning against the car waiting for me, scrolling through his phone.

"I'm coming," shutting the door behind me, i run down the driveway only to trip over my own feet, my face hits the cement, my brother burst into a fit of laughter while immense pain shoots through my nose.

letting out a groan i get up rubbing my nose while flipping him off, he puts his hands up in surrender still struggling to hold in his laugh "are you okay, mara?" he asks, his face softening. taking my hand off my nose and looking at it while turning my to the left then right to get a better look "your gonna be okay" he says before gently kissing my nose. I nod fixing the strap of my backpack thats on my shoulder.

Anthony opens the door for me and walks around to the other side getting in the driver's seat. "Are you ready for your first day of Junior year?" he asks playfully nudging my shoulder "shitting rainbows" I reply with a sarcastic smile while playing with the radio.

"stop driving so god damn fast," I say seeing we're going almost 90 mph in a 50 "I'm a street racer mara, you can stick your head out the window if you wish," he says looking over to me with a smirk scoffing I look back at the road only to get blinded by a bright light heading straight towards us.

time slows down, I look over to see Anthony jerk the wheel to the right trying to avoid what is already our fate.

or more so, his.

The sound of medal crushing surrounds us filling my ears along with my screams as pain takes over my body. Soon enough my vision starts to fade along with the pain I once felt. Trying my best to stay conscious I slowly open my hooded eyes looking for my brother.

I look over to the windshield to find Anthony's unconscious body lying there, staring at me with bloodshot eyes. And blood covering 70% of his features.

"Anthony" I wimped out still fighting consciousness

_

jolting awake I sit up and try to catch my breath, wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand, hot tears steam down my cheeks. Looking over to my nightstand the clock reads 6:07.

Pulling the duvet from my bare legs, letting cold morning air hit them, making a shiver shoot through out my body.

stumbling over to my bathroom I turn on the light and splash cold water on my face in hopes of taking my mind off things and waking up.

Everything seemed to fall apart after his death. my perfect family faded away in the worst ways possible. father started coming home less and less even when he did, he'd try finding answers and solutions at the end of an empty bottle which only caused more problems. my mother would constantly be at work shutting everyone out, not letting her thoughts have any room to talk and filling up her day with anything but the people in her own household. 

getting back into bed I curl under the duvet hiding  myself from the cold and empty room that I now call my safe place.

my father recently moved us out to Seattle because he got a bigger job offer among other things he try's hiding in the dark.

slapping my hand down around my bed I finally find my phone and look at all the text I'm literally never gonna reply to. It's still nice to know people text me through.

"Amara get up for school!" My mother screams from downstairs.

Groaning I slam my phone down on the mattress and push the duvet off me and place both my feet on the cold hardwood floor.

why cant i sleep with socks on?

getting of my bed, my mother comes in my room  "good your up, what are you going to wear today" she asks opening my closet doors.

One thing about my godly mother is she loves and I mean loves to talk about my looks every chance she gets, weather that's critiquing or just flat out saying she hates the way I look in a certain pair of jeans.

"uhm I don't know probably just leggings and a hoodie," I shrug standing up from my bed and stretch my very tired body, she winces as if she was in pain "I don't think leggings are a good idea your thighs are getting a little big don't you think?" she says not taking her cold eyes off my body as I look down at my thighs seeing they are a bit bigger then a couple months ago.

"uhm yeah I guess, what about sweats?" I ask standing by her side as she looks through clothes.

"no. I like these jeans on you wear these" she says taking the jeans of the hanger and putting them in my arms. "your dad is going on a business trip for a couple days, so he won't be home" she shuts my closet doors and turns to me.

her and I both know it's not a business trip, after she started working constantly he got lonely and decided instead of talking things out he would have an affair.

"okay" I mumble softly turning around to face my bed "he still loves you, you know. It's just his death was hard on him." she says before walking out and shutting the door behind her.

That's another thing with her, she hasn't said Anthony's name sense the car crash, she acts as if she's forgotten it.

Placing the clothes on my bed I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the water wanting a shower, taking off my shirt, my eyes travel down to the fading bruise on my torso.

shaking my head I tear my eyes away from my body as the hot steam fills the room making it harder to breathe.

_

After straightening my hair I look at the time with it only being 7:12 I grab my phone and walk downstairs.

sitting down on a stool by the kitchen island I pull out my phone and start scrolling through Instagram while my mom walks into the kitchen fully dressed in a red suit that could make any man drop to his knees "okay I'm off to work do good today, also don't eat anything to filling basketball is coming up and you need to look good for your photos" she says grabbing her keys off the counter and kissing my temple "i love you" i say before she gets out the door "love you" she says back leaving the house.

I grab my backpack and keys locking the door behind me.

Before the accident, my brother was my best friend and the glue the held the family together, he was known for being the best street racer in New York. He always had two cars, one for racing and the other for daily needs.

He's the one who taught me how to drive, i had such a break problem oh my god he had to practically pry my foot from the peddle.

When we got into the accident, of course, he had to be driving the normal god damn car so now I'm stuck with a matte black car, but like can I girl complain?

𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐧 𝐜𝐦𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐬!!