Chapter 44 - Scars

Two weeks later...

It's still Summer Break. You're finally discharged from the hospital. The pain was gone. It was easier to laugh and talk again. The nurses said you could take your bandages off. But you wanted to keep the scars covered. After your mum approved of Kiri as your boyfriend, he came to hang out in your room sometimes.

Knock Knock Knock

Y/N: "I got it, mum."

You open the front door.

Kiri: "Y/N!"

Y/N: "Hey, you. Come on in."

You take his hand and bring him inside.

Mum: "Is that your other half?"

Kiri: "Afternoon, Ms L/N!"

Mum: "Nice to see you again, dear."

You take Kiri up to your room. He goes in and sits on your bed. When you shut the door and turn to face him. He's frowning at you.

Kiri: "When are you going to take those off?"

You look away from him.

Y/N: "They're... gross..."

He stands up, walks over to your desk and picks up a pair of scissors. He then walks back over to you and places them in your hand.

Kiri: "Show me..."

You look down at the ground.

Y/N: "Kiri, I can't-"

He gently lifts up your chin to look you in your eyes.

Kiri: "Please..."

You give in. He walks you over to your full body mirror and stands behind you, with his hands on your shoulders. You take the scissors and start slowly cutting away the bandages. The whole time, Kiri is looking at you in the mirror, not taking his eyes off you. You do your arms first. You were more scared of the one on your neck. When you finish your arms, he didn't say anything. You guessed he was waiting for you to finish. You cut through the bandages on your neck even slower. You hated the way they look. They looked a little like Todoroki's scar, but the one on your neck looks like a handprint of where Dabi grabbed you. As if it were branded on. You try to cover it with your hands.

Kiri: "Hey, now. None of that. Give me those..."

Kiri takes your hands in his and wraps his arms around you. You start to cry.

Y/N: "I hate it..."

Kiri: "Hey, baby shark, look at me."

He turns you around to face him. He takes your hand and brings it up to his right eye.

Kiri: "You see this...? It's my oldest scar... and the most visible. Do you know how I got it?"

You shook your head. He gently wipes your face.

Kiri: "I got my quirk when I was three years old, as many kids do. I woke up one night and rubbed my eye. At that moment, my quirk manifested for the first time, and it cut me. Heh... bad timing if you ask me."

You stared at his little scar, shocked.

Kiri: "I hated my scar too, and I hated my quirk even more. But after some soul searching, I realized, they're apart of me. And I accepted them."

He brushed your hair out of your face and kissed you.

Kiri: "You'll accept yours too, baby shark. I already do. I meant what I said, you're still my beautiful girl."

You gave him a little nod.

Kiri: "Come on, Y/N. Smile for me."

After a few spins, you start giggling.

Kiri: "That's my girl!"

He sits on the bed while still holding you.

Y/N: "Can I put my bandages back on now?"

Kiri: "No way! I'm not letting you cover those up again. Those aren't just scars, baby shark. They're battle scars! Trophies of courage! I didn't have to be there to know how brave and courageous you were. You are the manliest girl I've ever met."

You smile. He hugs you tighter.

Kiri: "Besides... I'm not letting you go!"

He kissed your scar repeatedly. You laugh.

Y/N: "Kiri- hahaha that tickles! Alright! HAHA You win!"

He stops and grins at you.

Kiri: "Of course I do!"

You hadn't planned for him to stay longer than a few hours, but you both accidently fell asleep cuddling on your bed while watching a movie. The next morning, you wake up in his arms. He was already awake, admiring you.

Kiri: "Good morning, Y/N."

Your face goes pink, but you don't let go.

Y/N: "Good morning... what day is it?"

Kiri: "Heh, the next day."

Y/N: "Is it a little chilly in here or is it just me?"

You touch your neck and gasp.

Y/N: "Where- oh..."

Kiri laughs and hugs you closer, gently running his fingers through your hair. You hear a soft knock on your bedroom door. Your mum sticks her head in.

Mum: "Are you two awake yet? Oh, good morning sleepy heads."

Y/N: "Hey, mum."

Kiri: "Morning, Ms L/N."

Mum: "I came in last night to call you for dinner, but you fell asleep. Come down for breakfast when you're ready."

Y/N: "Thanks, mum. We'll be down in a minute."

She smiles and shuts your door. You both look at each other.

Kiri: "Shall we..."

You put your face into his chest.

Y/N: "But it's cosy here."

Your stomach growls loudly. Your face goes red. Kiri laughs and pokes your tummy.

Kiri: "Someone's hungry."

His stomach growled too. You put your head up and giggle.

Kiri: "Well, we did sleep though dinner."

You both get out of bed. You laugh as he picks you up and carries you downstairs.