Chapter 40 - Poison Gas

Two Days Later... After Dinner ...

When the two classes had finished eating, Mr Aizawa and the Pussycats lead you all into the woods.

Pixie-Bob: "Perfect! We've filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! It's time fooor..."

Mina: "A totally awesome test of courage!"

Kiri, Denki, Sero & Sato: "We're gonna win!!"

Mr Aizawa: "Not so fast. It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead."

Mina: "YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!"

Mr Aizawa: "Sorry."

Mr Aizawa wrapped his scarf around Mina, Kiri, Kaminari, Sero and Sato tightly.

Mr Aizawa: "Your training during the day didn't impress me. So I'll be using this time too."

Mr Aizawa pulled his scarf, making the five of them fall backwards.

Mina, Kiri, Denki, Sero & Sato: "AW GIVE ME A BREAK!! I JUST WANNA PROVE MY COURAGE!!"

As Mr Aizawa pulls them away, you jog to catch up and walk next to Kiri.

Y/N: "Kiri...?"

Kiri: "Hey, baby shark. Looks like you'll have to do this without me. I'm sorry."

You frown, your eyebrows furrowed.

Kiri: "Hey, come on. Where'd that smile go? You have fun, okay? I'll see you in the morning."

Y/N: "Okay."

Kiri: "That's my, girl."

He turns to you and kisses your forehead.

Kiri: "I love you."

Kiri tensed up as Mr Aizawa tightened his bindings on him.

Mr Aizawa: "Keep up, Kirishima."

Kiri: "...Yes, sir..."

Mr Aizawa: "L/N, go back."

Y/N: "Uh-! Yes, sir..."

You walk back to the others, looking back at Kiri. He smiles and nods at you.

Pixie-Bob: "Okay, so, Class B is going to start out as our scarers. When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those!"

Tokoyami: "Rivalry in the dark."

Pixie-Bob: "Now, those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact. Use your quirks to TERRIFY the others. Get it?!"

Tiger: "The winners are... THE CREATIVE STUDENTS WHO MAKE THE MOST PEOPLE PISS THEIR PANTS!!"

Jiro: "Did we need that visual?"

Iida: "I see... they're encouraging us to stoke our imaginations as we compete with each other all while showing us more uses for our quirks in the process! AS EXPECTED OF UA!!"

Y/T: 'Wow, Iida's getting way too into this...'

Pixie-Bob: "Alright! Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!"

You take a slip of paper from Pixie-Bob that has the number '3' on it.

Y/N: "Hmm... Who else has three?!"

Jiro: "I do. Looks like we'll be doing this together, Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah! I'm not gonna lie. I'm not too great with this kind of thing... There's bound to be a jump scare around every corner. And I'm freaking out a little."

Jiro: "Hey, it'll be alright. You can squeeze my hand if you need to."

She gives you a reassuring smile. You return it and nod.

Y/N: "Kay! Thanks."

12 Minutes later...

You heard your classmates' shrieks coming from the woods. You hadn't even gone in yet and you were already terrified.

Pixie-Bob: "Next team! That's you two kittens. Earphone Jack and Aquarius!"

Pixie-Bob pointed to you and Jiro.

Y/T: 'ScaredScaredScaredScaredScaredScared...'

You and Jiro walk through the trail, hand in hand. Part way through, you noticed something wasn't right.

Y/N: "Hey, do you smell that? Smells like something's burning nearby."

Jiro: "Now that you mention it, it's kinda smokey out here. Maybe we should... go... back..."

Suddenly, Jiro had passed out onto the ground. You realize it was the strange gas that did it and you clap your hand over your nose and mouth.

Y/T: 'Oh, my god! Jiro! What is this stuff?! It's poisonous! What do I do? What do I do?! I can't just leave her here.'

You take your hand off your mouth, while still holding your breath. You bend down and carefully pick her up onto your back. Because she can't hold on, you walk while leaning forward, holding her legs at your sides. You run through the forest while holding your breath and Jiro on you back.

Y/T: 'Damnit! What do I do?! My lungs can last a little longer thanks to my training the other day, but no one can hold their breath forever! But if I breath in that gas, I'll keel over too. Then we'll both be out.'

Your thoughts were interrupted when you run into Tetsutetsu carrying Shiozaki. They're both wearing gas masks.

Tetsutetsu: "Woah! L/N! Hold on, don't say anything."

He gently put Shiozaki on the ground and took two more gas masks from his belt. He put one on your first. You take a few deep breaths. He then puts one on Jiro.

Y/N: "Tetsutetsu! Thank you! Where did you get those?"

Tetsutetsu: "Yaoyorozu from your class used her quirk. She made a bunch. I'm helping to hand them out."

Y/N: "Thanks again. I thought I was going to pass out from holding my breath! What's going on?"

Tetsutetsu: "I don't know for sure. But this has villains written all over it!"

Y/N: "You really think so? How would they know where we are?"

Tetsutetsu: "I'm not sure. But whatever they've got planned, it's going down now. I have to keep handing these out."

He picks Shiozaki back up.

Tetsutetsu: "Stay safe, L/N."

Y/N: "Right! You too!"

You both run in separate directions.