Another Special Chapter

Start from the beginning

To top it off, he wears weird shaped glasses that look like round swimming goggles without handles.

She smiles sheepishly at the man, "Ah yes, actually, do you have any recommendations ? I'm new to this place." (Y/s/n) and (S/n) make themselves busy by walking around the small shop and gawking at several mouth watering breads.

"Our bestseller item is casse-croute," He said, "if you're looking for something that's suitable for your children, I'll recommend our famous kikufuku. Although I'm quite sure that sweeter goods will suit their taste buds better."

(Y/n) hummed whilst nodding, showing that she fully pays attention to what he said, "Hmm I'm not trying to be rude or something, but you seem like a foodie. You know a lot about bread, don't you ?"

"You're not rude. And yes, I do have a lengthy knowledge about bread-"

"Mom, you have to see this !"

The two adults turn their heads towards a certain nine years old boy with (e/c) yes, he's currently mesmerized by some sweets on the display, "I see you've taken an interest towards macaroons. Good choice !" (Y/n) approaches her son and pat his head, "have you decided which one do you want to buy ?"

"Mhm ! I want the blue one." He exclaims.

"Alright, how about you little guy ?" (Y/n) averts her eyes towards the smaller boy who's still grasping (S/n)'s hand. He looks around in hesitation before mumbling something.

(Y/s/n) stares at his mom, "Is there any tea flavored bread ? I want to buy something that dad would probably like."

"There are preferable choices for kids like you, yet you think about your dad first." (Y/n) cups (Y/s/n)'s cheeks, "just pick anything that you like, I'm sure daddy will love whatever you pick for him. I bet he'll ask for more."

With a glint of happiness in his eyes, (Y/s/n) drags his older brother further into the small shop to look for more bread varieties. The blonde man has just watched the small interaction between the woman and her son. He isn't the type who starts a conversation unless it's necessary, but now, he just can't help it.

"I must say, your children are well mannered. Considering that kids usually throw a tantrum when it comes to shopping."

(Y/n), who's busy putting a pastry into her tray, turns slightly to face the blonde man. He puts his hands behind his back and eyed her sons, "If I may add, their behavior is much better than my friend."

"I guess they got it from me and my husband," (Y/n) chuckles, "their father loves to cuss every 5 minutes, yet he taught them about mannerisms. Such as having respect for women and older people."

"Respect for women.." He muttered under his breath.

"Huh ?"

The man shook his head, "Nothing. I just thought that my friend should learn from your husband. He's like a kid trapped in an adult body with a sweet addiction."

"Well I hope you find the perfect solution for your friend,"

Soon, (Y/n) pays for her chosen pastries as well as some sweets that she picked up along the way. (Y/n) planned to give out some of them anyways. There's no way she could finish it alone. With two bags of newly bought sweets and cakes, (Y/n) makes her way out of the shop after praising the bakery with her sons. Just as the blonde man was about to leave and tend to some unfinished things in his bakery, a tiny hand lightly grasps his trousers. He looks down, only to see the younger boy that came with (Y/n) earlier.

"U-um... I know this is none of my business, but I overheard your conversation with my mom. I think you should just accept the way your friend is. Perhaps your friend's childish attitude is just his way to cover his pain or something that he doesn't want people to see."