Chapter 8: Confessions

Still awestruck by the match they just watched, Y/N walked with Marnie back to Spikemuth. 

"Did Hop really say that? Marns, it's so obvious he likes you!" Y/N exclaimed. Marnie had had the biggest crush on Hop since the Gym Challenge, and Y/N frequently (And unsuccessfully) tried to convince Marnie to ask him out. 

"Y/N, I don't think you're one to talk about a boy obviously liking them. Have you seen the way Bede looks at you? Or how he 'coincidentally' has an Alcremie now after you mentioned to him about how you love them? Or how it's the same exact form that you would have if you didn't only have Bug types?" Marnie said, snickering. 

Y/N's face was bright red. "Oh come on Marnie! Don't give me hope! You have a higher chance with him." They said. Marnie giggled, and the two continued walking home.

A few weeks later

I am so going to kill her if this doesn't work. Bede thought to himself. Surprisingly, Marnie had convinced him to finally confess to Y/N the feelings he'd been having the past few months. As he walked to Spikemuth, he wondered if this plan was gonna work, or if Y/N even liked him at all. 

"Psst! Bede!" A voice rang out. He looked around, confused. Suddenly, he was being yanked behind some boxes. "Marnie? What the actual-" 

"Shh! Y/N's coming by!" Marnie shushed him in a yelling-whisper. Bede watched as Y/N walked through Spikemuth. He must've tried to walk to them, because Marnie quickly grabbed him back. After the coast was clear, the two Gym leaders got up. 

"Okay here's the plan. You're gonna follow Y/N and then when you run into them, you tell them how you feel about them. Simple, I know. So get going! I wanna see my sibling finally get with a guy who likes them!" Marnie explained. Bede nodded, and quickly started going in the direction he saw Y/N going. 

After a few minutes, he found Y/N. They looked like they were having a conversation with Piers. Quickly he hid behind a trash can so he wouldn't be seen.

"By the way, why don't you look behind that trash can over there? Maybe you'll be surprised." He heard Piers hear. Either he somehow knew Bede was hiding there, or he just magically decided to have Y/N look behind a trash can. Bede stepped away from the trash can at the same time Y/N made their way to the trash can where he was hiding.

"Bede!" Y/N exclaimed. "What are you doing behind a trash can?" They asked. Stuttering, Bede couldn't think of anything to say. 

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to whatever it is you're doing. I'm outta here." Piers said, walking away. 

For a few minutes, it was just an awkward silence between the two. Finally, Bede broke the silence.

"I wanted to talk to you about something and that's why I came here." He said. He shuffled his feet around uncomfortably. 

"For the past few months I've been having some feelings. Specifically, feelings about you. Whenever you're around, my face heats up and it feels like there's millions of Ribombees doing Quiver Dance in my stomach. Y/N, I really like you. More than a friend." Bede sighed deeply, like he didn't have any time to breathe while saying that. He looked at Y/N, who's face was a deep red and their jaw was practically on the floor. 

Suddenly, Bede was wrapped up in a tight hug. After a few moments of hugging, there was a kiss planted on his cheek. His jaw dropped as he looked at Y/N's smile. The two shared a second kiss, this time on the lips.

Maybe it would work out. For both of them.

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I updated this. I lost access to my account lol, but I got it back! This chapter is actually rather short, but I also just really wanted to get this finally done with. However, just because these two are finally dating, that doesn't mean the story is over! After reading this again before I started typing, (And watching the Pokemon Anime while I wrote) I felt the passion that I once had for this book light up again. I'll be working a lot on bringing more chapters going over the adventures of Y/N and Bede. I really hope anyone who's reading this enjoyed the story. I'm not being cheesy when I say that you guys really are the reason this fanfic was brought back to life. If I didn't realize that people actually liked this book, I wouldn't have continued it. It's crazy to think that this started out as a silly self insert of me dating my comfort character. I really do appreciate all the readers of this story, you guys mean the world to me. And don't worry, if this wasn't the best way for Bede and Y/N to finally get together, I'm gonna make a separate chapter that'll be longer and hopefully better than this way for them to get together. Maybe if you guys want I can make a chapter where Hop and Marnie get together! Honestly, comment any suggestions you may have, I do take those into account! I hope y'all have a great New Years, you guys deserve it after the craziness that was 2021. Have a great day/night! (Man this Authors Note was long.)