Chapter 6: Conflicting Feelings

"You expect to become Champion with that as your partner? You have a smaller chance of becoming the Champion than a literal Pokemon." Bede scoffed at Y/N in front of him with a Shuckle in their arms. "Who even would endorse someone like you? Whoever they were, they must be incredibly stupid." He continued. Y/N hadn't shown any negative emotion to him as he insulted them and their Pokemon, but this set them off. "My brother is the opposite of stupid! He's one of the most powerful Gym leaders Galar has ever seen! I'd like to see you and your team of Psychic types beat my brother! You know what, fight me and my team of Bug types! I'll show you my brother wasn't dumb to endorse me!" It was the first and only time Y/N had yelled at Bede. They'd beaten his entire team that day, and he never tried to insult their brother or Pokemon ever again. 

"Bede, if you don't wake up I'm gonna ask Yamper to direct a Thunderbolt attack at you!" Sonia said, shaking Bede awake. "Sonia? What time is it?" Bede asked groggily. "9 am. Bede I need your help." Sonia replied, seeming frantic. "You woke me up at 9 am? Ok it doesn't matter. What do you need help with?" Bede asked, quite literally jumping out of his bed. "Y/N told me they'd go looking for Anorith's evolution and they'd be back in an hour. They left 2 and a half hours ago." Bede didn't need any other words. He put on his coat and was out the door faster than you can say Mawile. "Bede, be careful! Abomasnows are just waking up around this time, and they're not nice Pokemom when they're tired!" Sonia called out. "I don't care, I'm looking for Y/N! I'll bring Mawile with me in case an Abomasnow tries to attack me!" Bede replied, sending out Mawile from her Pokeball. Without saying another word, the Gym leader and his Pokemon started walking around, Bede calling out for Y/N and Mawile calling out for any of Y/N's Pokemon.

"I really hope they're okay, Mawile. Let's just hope they're secretly just playing with their Pokemon somewhere and lost track of time." Bede said, laughing as he imagined running into Y/N's campsite as they played with their Pokemon.

After about 20 minutes of walking around, occasionally calling out for Y/N, (With Mawile calling out for Shuckle) Bede was starting to get more than slightly concerned for Y/N. All of a sudden, a familiar blood curdling cry rang out, able to be heard from across the Crown Tundra. "Mawile, that was Scolipede." Bede said to his Pokemon. As he realized Scolipede couldn't be found in the Crown Tundra, and that Y/N had a Scolipede, Bede started running. Mawile ran after him, somehow being able to catch up.

Bede finally found Scolipede, and it was confirmed Y/N's Scolipede. He remembered once how Y/N had mentioned that Scolipede only calmed down when Y/N, Marnie, Piers, Hop, Sonia, or Bede was the one trying to calm him down. Scolipede calmed down instantly as Bede put a hand on him, trying to get the Megapede Pokemon calm. "Scolipede, I know you know where Y/N is. Please take us to them." Bede asked the Pokemon. It obliged, and the three started running faster than a Rapidash.

"At this rate Mawile, if we keep running this fast, you'll be able to outspeed Scolipede and his pesky Earthquakes!" Bede said to Mawile, laughing. He remembered why the three were running, and that laugh instantly vanished. "I just want them to be okay, but the way we found Scolipede says otherwise." Bede said as he sighed.

"Shuckle, what am I gonna do? Marnie has a higher chance with him, and she likes Hop." Y/N said while carrying Shuckle. "Yeah we're sorta friends now... But there's no way he likes me in that kind of way. It's not logical." Shuckle rested its head on Y/N's shoulder, trying her best to be comforting. They told Sonia a half truth. Y/N did plan to look for Anorith's evolution Armaldo, but they wanted to clear their head about some feelings that surfaced first. They bumped into something. Y/N looked up, and saw an extremely angry looking Abomasnow. "Scolipede, find Bede." Y/N said as they released the last of the only two Pokemon they'd brought with them for 'looking for Armaldo'.

"Arceus. It's getting so cold." Bede said, shivering. He was about to ask Scolipede how close they were, but he didn't need to, as he heard an extremely familiar scream rang out. "Y/N!" Bede exclaimed, and started running even faster than ever.

Y/N tried to run away from the Abomasnow, but as they were about to run, they were surrounded by even more Abomasnow. Shuckle wouldn't be able to take even one out. As much as Y/N believed in their Pokemon, Shuckle wasn't that powerful. "Shuckle, return." They said, returning Shuckle to her Pokeball to prevent it from getting hurt. They knew Shuckle's limits, and a fight against seven Abomasnows would more than exceed those limits. They were more terrified than when Hop, Marnie, and them had faced Eternatus. They stood still, paralyzed in fear as they looked up at the seven Abomasnows looking down at them.

"Mawile, use Iron Head! Scolipede, use Poison Jab!" Y/N heard Bede call out. Within only a few commands, the Abomasnows were running away. Y/N ran over to Bede and hugged him tighter than even a Bewear hug. He hugged them back, neither of them saying anything.

"Y/N, never, ever go out in the Crown Tundra alone, ever again. If Bede didn't find you, who knows what would've happened?" Sonia said to Y/N, her voice altering between panicked and angry almost every second. "I won't Sonia, I promise! Sorry for scaring you guys." Y/N replied, not being able to look at either of the two in the eyes. "It's alright Y/N. I'd love to stay here and talk more, but I have to go out and look for something. Come along Yamper." Sonia said as she walked out the door. 

"Sorry for getting lost and almost probably dying." Y/N said to Bede. It took him by surprise. "Y/N, you don't have to be sorry for that. It wasn't your fault Abomasnows aren't as friendly as Yampers." He replied. Y/N half smiled. "Yeah but it was my fault to go walking for an extra almost two hours just venting about stuff to Shuckle." Bede's eyes widened. "Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked, extremely concerned. Y/N never seemed like the kind of person who would have bad stuff going on, even being the champion. "There's this guy I like, but like I told Shuckle. Marnie has a higher chance with him than me, and Marnie likes Hop. It'll never happen, but of course, I had to catch feelings hard." Y/N replied, tears building up inside their eyes. Bede felt a ping in his heart. There was his confirmation, he didn't have a chance with them. Regardless, Bede got up and hugged Y/N, telling them everything would be okay.

At least for them. 

Hey guys sorry this was later than most chapters. The original draft low-key sucked, so I took an extra day to make it better. Hope you guys liked the chapter!!