Chapter 5: Carbink and Anorith

"Oh my Arceus Bede, that's Carbink!" Y/N exclaimed as they pointed behind Bede. He turned around, and there was a small Pokémon that looked like a rabbit mixed with a gem. 

"Carbink!" the small Pokémon cried out.

As if Y/N couldn't get any cuter to Bede, the face they were making while they were looking at Carbink made them look ten times cuter. The Pokemon floated over to Y/N, and allowed them to pet its head. 

"Oh my Arceus Bede, you have to pet it! It's so soft!" Y/N said to Bede, with a smile that would put a Gengar a run for its money. Bede reached his hand and pet the Carbink. Y/N was right, the Carbink was extremely soft. "So do you think you're gonna catch it?" Y/N asked. Bede thought for a moment, then remembered which Pokémon he was planning to add to his team in order to make a complete six Pokémon. "Nah, I already have an idea on which Pokémon to add." He replied. Y/N looked surprised at this. "Really? Which one?" They asked. Bede smirked, and said "You gave me one small hint, I'll give you one small hint. It's extremely cute." Y/N smiled at this, and they got up from the ground they were sitting on. Bede also got up, and the two trainers started walking to the exit of the cave. 

"Seeing Carbink was so rewarding after the long way to get to that cave!" Y/N said enthusiastically as they walked back to the place the three were staying. "Hold on, isn't that where Anorith is found here?" Bede asked as he pointed to an extremely large tree a decently long walk away. "Holy crap you're right Bede! Wait, how do you know where Anorith is found? You don't strike me as someone who secretly knows a lot about Bug types." Y/N asked Bede. "I- I just heard a rumor about it!" Bede replied, hiding his growing red face inside his heavy winter coat. Y/N started running towards the tree, being surprisingly fast. "Y/N, wait up!" Bede yelled out as he started chasing them, both of them laughing. 

The chase continued all the way to when the got to the area with Anorith. Bede was out of breath, and Y/N looked like they were ready for five more chases. They started walking around, looking for the Old Shrimp Pokémon. Y/N heard Bede scream, and they turned around to see a terrified Bede staring down at an Anorith. "Bede, you have an almost magnet for Bug Pokémon! An Anorith came right towards you!" They said, as they picked up the Anorith and carried it to a patch of ground away from Bede. He expected them to catch it and maybe add it to their team, but instead they just took multiple pictures of it. "I wish I could give that 'Bug Pokémon Magnet' to you, Bug Pokémon terrify me." Bede said with a sigh. Almost on cue, Shuckle popped out of its Pokeball, looking at Bede with a look of combined sadness and offense. Y/N let out an "Awww" as they picked up Shuckle and hugged it. "I didn't mean you Shuckle. You're one of the only Bug types that don't scare me." Bede said to Shuckle, trying to reassure it. The Mold Pokémon let out a happy cry, as it's expression changed to the best smile a Pokémon of its species could give. Y/N's expression changed to an equally happy smile, as they waved goodbye to the Anorith and started walking with Bede back to the place they were staying. 

"What took you two so long? I thought you were only going to look for that Rock and Fairy type Pokémon." Sonia asked the two as soon as they got through the door. "Bede remembered that Anorith, the Pokemon I came here to look for was found nearby where we were, so we went to look for it. How he knew where it was found is beyond me." Y/N explained, as Sonia looked at Bede with a smug look, knowing exactly how Bede knew. He rolled his eyes at Sonia, leaving a confused look on Y/N's face.

"Personally, I'm going to sleep. I'm as tired as a Snorlax." Bede said, as he slipped into his bed. He really was tired, and fell asleep within three seconds of getting in the bed. Not even getting under the blanket. Y/N walked over to Bede and put one of the spare blankets onto Bede, then went to sleep on their bed. It was an extremely eventful day. Y/N couldn't wait for the next day when they'd go hunting for Anorith's evolution.

Sorry for the chapter being shorter than normal, there wasn't much I could think of for this chapter, and I really wanted to get to writing the next chapter. But I'm on a roll, two chapters in less than 12 hours! Cya in the next one!