Sixty-nine

Mature content

It was the night before Bill and Fleur's wedding.

The twins had been working late at the shop and I had been taking care of Myeong while working at my own shop.

Though I got off earlier than the twins did and now my brother was sleeping so I simply laid in bed when Fred walked into the bedroom and shut the door behind him.

Yawning, he pulled a shirt over his head and threw it right on the floor.

"Long day?" I asked, smiling as he threw himself onto the bed the second he got out of his trousers.

"So long." He whined before he lifted his head and looked at me. "I have a question."

I brushed my fingers through the front of his hair as he moved under the duvet. He laid down with his head against my chest, an arm hooked over my stomach.

"Shoot." I whispered against his hair, running my hand up and down his back.

"George asked me this and I want your opinion on it because I'm curious." He said. "He's wondering when the right time to propose to Angie is."

Fred lifted his head to look at me as I went quiet.

"Propose? They've been dating for two months."

He shrugged.

"So what do you think?" He asked. "How long until it's appropriate to propose to your girlfriend?"

Letting out a sigh, I looked up at the ceiling, continuing to drag my fingernails up and down his bare back.

"I don't know... I guess at least a year, maybe two? But with George and Angie, they may be ready for it sooner, seeing as they've been friends since we started Hogwarts. They already knew each other before they started going out."

Fred hummed, laying his head down against my chest again.

"Do you see us married in the future?"

I smiled at his question, closing my eyes.

"Probably." I said in a whisper. "Most likely."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I confirmed. "We'll probably be in our twenties and I'll walk down the aisle. My dad will hand me over to you and we'll smile at each other while we say yes to a life full of commitment to each other."

A small chuckle left Freddie's mouth, causing my smile to widen.

"How many kids would you want?" He asked and raised his head to look at me.

I sighed at the question. I hated the thought of becoming a mother. I couldn't imagine myself like that. I did want kids but I was scared I was gonna mess them up.

"One." I said. "Two at the most. I would not be able to handle three or even more than three."

Fred moved up and placed a hand on either side of my head, looking down at me with a faint smile.

"How about you?" I asked softly, running my hand up and down his side.

"I don't really care." He said. "I'd be up for none. I'd be up for ten. As long as my future wife is happy and comfortable."

He leaned down to kiss me and I ran a hand to the nape of his neck.

"You have to have some sort of preference." I said. "Everyone does. Some doesn't want kids at all and some want two Quidditch teams."

With a small sigh, Fred threw himself next to me, staring up at the ceiling.

"I honestly don't know, Kai." He told me. "Kids are wonderful and I definitely see myself being a fun dad..."