Fifty-eight

I knew Fred would be at the flat alone today.

I ran through Diagon alley. I had apparated here but somehow didn't end up at the shop like I had wanted to.

I hadn't been very focused and I was lucky I didn't get splinched.

It was raining here in London and as I ran through the streets of Diagon Alley, I once again heard the footsteps but this time they were running around me.

I could hear the water splash as the person ran through the puddles. I looked over my shoulder to see that same person in all black clothing, face not visible chasing me.

Diagon Alley was empty at this time. It was getting dark soon and I realised how long I had been at my brother's place.

My heart was beating out of my chest and I tried to run even faster.

The second I reached the shop, I barged inside, slammed the door shut and locked it before stumbling back.

The person stood on the other side of the glass, staring at me from the dark off the hood and I shrieked as I fell over a box on the floor, landing on my arse.

I kept staring at the person. I was breathing heavily and when they started to pull down their hood, my eyes widened.

They were wearing a ski mask and I could only see the person's eyes. They were dark.

It was a guy.

I watched him as he pulled out his wand and raised it to point at the door and I rushed to find my one.

"Colloportus!" I screamed, pointing it at the door and then I let my wand drop to the floor.

The guy cast a spell on the door and I screamed as the door blew off the frames.

"Fred!" I cried out, trying to move back on the floor while the guy slowly approached me.

He was tall with broad shoulders, and standing over me, he scared me to death.

A door opened above the stairs and in the split of a second, the guy took off, leaving me crying and scared out of my mind on the floor.

"Kai?" I heard Fred's voice and suddenly he ran down the stairs and was by my side quickly.

"You were right." I cried. "It wasn't a joke."

"Wha—" Fred looked towards the broken door and then back to me as I was hyperventilating.

"He followed me." I cried. "He chased me and he broke down the door... I—"

Fred got up and sprinted out of the door, in the exact direction of where the guy had run off.

I placed a hand against my chest, taking a deep breath as I slowly pulled my legs over the box, realising I had pushed over the box full of things for Fred and George's shop.

I started putting the things back into the box and I heard Fred come back inside, getting to his knees to help me.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered. "...I didn't mean to—"

I noticed one of the products had been broken.

"I didn't mean to break it. I—"

"Kai." Fred reached for my hand as I reached for the broken product, and instead I looked at him. "Did he hurt you? Touch you?"

I shook my head.

"It's not Felix." I whispered. "I don't know who it is but it's not him."

He pushed the box away before he brought me in for a hug, holding me against him tightly and at the same time, he let himself drop onto the floor.