Fifteen

I walked out of the girls dormitories while struggling with my tie.

I had been able to tie it for the last six years but this morning, it was like my brain shut off and I couldn't manage.

Groaning loudly, I let go of the fabric, letting it hang over my shoulders while moving my hands to my head.

"You sound a little frustrated." The sound of George's voice made me look up to see him, Fred and Lee leave the boys dormitories across from where I stood.

I made eye contact with Fred for a short second before I looked down at my tie and tried tying it again but once again, I couldn't remember how.

"Over." Lee spoke and I looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You're going under. You have to go over."

"What? I—"

Fred stepped forward and grabbed a hold of my tie, starting to do it for me.

"Haven't you tied your own tie since first year?" He asked.

"Even before." I sighed. "I went to a primary school that required uniforms. I learned it when I was eight but right now I've completely forgotten it. It's weird."

He cracked a little smile and I noticed that George and Lee exchanged a look before they made their way down the stairs.

"So I gave you that good of an orgasm that your mind went blank?"

"Shut up." I said, causing him to laugh.

His eyes moved to the door as it opened behind me and he pulled me aside to let whoever it was come out.

"Hey Martha." He said and I felt myself tense up.

"Hey." She said quietly, walking towards the stairs without looking at us but just as she reached them, she turned around, her eyes landing on me. "Looking a little cosy with Frederick, aren't we?"

I turned my head and cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Not even twenty-four hours later and you're standing here acting like you don't know how to tie your tie just to get him close to you." She said and gestured towards Fred who paused to look at her.

I laughed.

"Don't even talk to me about that. I'm not the one sleeping with other peoples boyfriends."

"Yeah, well neither am I because I didn't fucking know you were together at the time."

I rolled my eyes and she turned around, walking down the stairs.

"She's telling the truth." Fred said, continuing to tie my tie, and I looked up at him with furrowed eyes. "Not defending anything but she didn't know you and Larch were together."

Scoffing, I looked towards the one window up here.

"She still kept it from me for almost an entire year." I said. "Let me stay with someone whom she knew wasn't faithful. You know what? She dropped several hints, joking about me dumping him while she knew he was a cheater."

"As I said. I'm not defending her." He told me. "She should most definitely have told you."

He finished the tie before placing his hands on my shoulder, smiling at me.

"I was wondering..." He said, taking a deep breath. "...we are a group of people meeting in Hog's Head tomorrow afternoon. It's for those who want to learn proper Defence Against the Dark Arts. With Umbridge and her ridiculous books, it gets a little hard. Harry was planning on finding you and asking you today but I wanted to bring it up to you."