~  ~

❝ CRACK A SMILE ❞

Joyous beams of shimmering golden sunshine decorated the slightly dewed emerald green grass, the tiny drops of crystal clear water from the early hours of the morning twinkling in the light.

Harry stood within the middle of the luscious field - hands over his eyes as he kept them scrunched closed, counting slowly.

"22, 23, 24, 25! Here I come! Ready or not!" He cried, releasing the grip from his eyes as his gaze met the beautiful nature surrounding him...

...as well as Gummy stretching himself on the very tips of his toes behind a stop sign beside the road by the edge of the field.

He trembled as he tried to keep his face hidden behind the bright crimson signal post.

Harry sighed, facepalming. "Gummy, I found you... again..."

This brought (Y/n)'s attention into the scene, revealing herself from behind the shamrock bushes situated behind the many trees surrounding Harry and his naïve green buddy.

She giggled, coming closer into view as she admired her innocent boyfriend quickly headed from behind his original, not so good hiding place and towards a patch of flowers across the same side of the graphite road.

Gummy cowered within the small decorative garden of lavender petals, tulips and geraniums, scrunching his azure eyes shut with all hope that if he couldn't see Harry, he couldn't see him.

"Ne ne! Try again, Harry!"

Harry groaned as (Y/n) came closer towards him. "This is too easy, Gummy! You have to really hide!"

"I do really hide!" Gummy chuckled, rising from within the cluster of blossoms and running further across the fresh, lime green grassy ground.

He innocently attempted to conceal himself behind a pure scarlet mailbox located a little closer to the road running beside the succulent grass.

(Y/n) giggled with entertainment as Harry grumbled a little more aggressively than the previous few times.

"Gummy! You never listen!" He angrily blurted out.

Gummy peeked his cobalt gaze from behind the strawberry red post-box, confusion crossing his expression as his view met an angered Harry.

"Wait, what? I wasn't listening!" He cheekily cried, smirking a little in response to (Y/n)'s laughter.

Harry groaned once more, throwing his hand back into his face with a sense of defeat.

Gummy chuckled, jumping out from behind the letterbox as heading towards his frustrated friend and entertained girlfriend.

"Aw, come on! How about I count and you hide?" Gummy asked, slapping his hands over his closed eyes before giving Harry a chance to reply.

Harry smirked, earning amazement from (Y/n) as he activated his incredible almost invisible camouflage. He simply blended into the leaves of the fresh trees surrounding him and the gorgeous grass between his toes.

After completing his counting sequence, Gummy released his ocean gaze from his tense hands. His cobalt eyes instantly landed on (Y/n), a warm smile crossing his face as she quickly turned away as she noticed his stare.