~   ~

❝ THE RECORD ❞

Luminous spring sunlight burst through the fluffy white clouds filling the bright blue sky, pushing down to shine onto the ground below. Beaming rays of golden light shone effortlessly through the pane of glass seperating Gummy's apartment from the sunny day on the other side.

Gummy was lounging with (Y/n) by his side, snuggling into his side as she watched him browse through whatever he could find online that captured his interest on his shiny green iPad. Meanwhile, Harry and Kala were focusing on a stern game of chess.

Harry quickly shuffled a piece a few spaces across the greyscale chess board, with Kala's serious stare burning through it.

"Your only option is to retreat the bishop..."

"HI-YA!!!"

(Y/n)'s attention snapped from the movement of the beaming screen to her sister as the chess board along with every piece balanced on it shot across the room. Kala crossed her legs and folded her arms as she returned to her seat from her karate kick.

Harry stared in shock. "...or do that, good move."

"Guys! Come check this out!"

Harry, Kala and (Y/n)'s attention turned to Gummy as he leapt from his pastel jade sofa with excitement, his gaze still fixed against his iPad's shining screen.

"Garvis P. Stormbuckle from Ohio just broke the world record by making the world's largest pizza." (Y/n) read the words patterned on the screen as she slid from her seated position and edged closer. She gently took the electronic device from her boyfriend's grasp to examine the article. An image of an enormous pizza covering a large area of grass was positioned above the text.

Kala took the device from her sister, interest in her gaze as she quickly skimmed over the text before placing Gummy's iPad onto the cushioned seat behind her.

"That's incredible!" Harry cried, surprise filling his tone. "Someone actually named their child Garvis!? That's my middle name!" He continued, his surprised tone shifting to pride through the final sentence.

Gummy chuckled. "No no no no no! Don't you see? We should break a world record!" He continued with excitement and determination in his voice, earning confused glances from his friends and girlfriend.

"Why?" The three asked in confusion and unison.

"We'll be internet stars! Our name will go down in history! Just like... whatshisface!" Gummy continued.

(Y/n) giggled before completing her boyfriend's sentence. "Garvis Stormbuckle..."

Gummy smiled at his girlfriend before continuing his statement.

"Right! And that'll be us when we do..." he paused as ideas of what he and his friends could do to become famous online swam through his mind. "...the world's longest tap dance!"

Harry took Gummy's iPad from the sofa behind him to do some research. Meanwhile, Gummy began to enthusiastically tap dance, shuffling his feet along the floor and waving his arms in time, smiling as he heard (Y/n) laugh. After a few seconds of scrolling, Harry stated the current record.

"Uhh... nineteen hours!"

Gummy immediately stopped dancing, throwing the idea into his mental trash can.

"Nope! Longest burp?"

Harry turned his gaze back to the screen, and after another few seconds of scrolling, he stated the record.

"Also nineteen hours!"

Gummy then scrunched his eyes closed, grasping his tummy and opening his mouth to release an enormously long belch. His tongue wiggled as the air pushed from his stomach out of his mouth. The sound of the burp rattled through the air as Harry watched with concern, Kala watched with disgust, and (Y/n) watched with entertainment.