~   ~

❝ MOUSE GOT YOUR TONGUE ❞

Misty shades of black painted the sky, shimmering white stars dotted through it between the translucent clouds that slowly passed by. Luminous light burst from the large, oval pane of glass that lead into a welcoming apartment block.

Inside Gummy's apartment, Gummy himself was slouched against the cushions placed on his pastel green sofa, an arm wrapped around his girlfriend. (Y/n) was curled up beside her boyfriend, snuggled into his side as he held her close.

Kala and Harry sat towards the other side of the comfy furniture, eyes fixed to the TV. Gummy was also paying attention, a beaming smile across his face and interest swimming through his cobalt eyes. However, (Y/n) was a little distracted by Harry and her sister across the couch.

Tonight was supposed to be a night just for Gummy and (Y/n), but Kala and Harry had insisted that they come along too. This had made (Y/n) a little agitated, but since Gummy didn't really seem to mind, she became a little more relaxed.

The cheerful music boomed through the room as the show they had been waiting for began.

"Welcome to episode 105 of... Extreme Makeover: Gingerbread House Baking Edition!" The enthusiastic voice from the flat screen TV cried.

Smiles crossed Kala, Harry and Gummy's faces as the show began.

"We've seen 104 episodes already?" Harry asked rhetorically, sounding almost amazed.

"Wow! I only thought it was 102!" Kala added.

Suddenly, the chirpy music from the television came to an unexpected halt, changing the happy expressions to more confused ones.

The word 'paused' was written in large, bubbly yellow letters against the screen. "Oh come on you can't possibly still be watching 'Extreme Makeover: Gingerbread House Baking Edition'?!" The voice from the screen cried, sounding more frustrated, and gave a puzzled vibe to his viewers as they wondered how he knew how many episodes they'd seen...

Gummy slid his arm from (Y/n)'s shoulder, stretching his fingers down to the seat where the remote was perched. He pointed it towards the screen, his thumb ready to press the buttons.

"How many times do we have to tell you!? Yes we are!" Gummy replied, sounding a little irritated. He pressed a button on the shiny grey remote that caused the programme to continue.

Gummy smiled as the show continued, showing multiple images of delicious looking gingerbread houses. He chucked the remote back onto the couch and wrapped his arm back around (Y/n)'s shoulders.

"Pass the chocolate covered, ketchup flavoured cream puffs, please!" Gummy politely asked his friends, although he revived no response. Kala and Harry were too engrossed in the currently playing TV show to notice Gummy's request.

(Y/n) giggled, slightly shifting her position so she could grab one of the said cream puffs that were perched against the table in front of the couch. She held it gently towards Gummy's smiling mouth, watching as he took a bite from it. She giggled as he chewed quickly and happily.

Kala and Harry watched across the sofa, still happy that (Y/n) and Gummy were finally together. However, Harry's attention and gaze suddenly snapped back to the TV as he heard an unusual sound. He also thought he saw something moving across the magenta cabinet below the TV at quite a pace.

"Woah... what was that?" Harry asked.

Kala turned her attention from her sister and Gummy back to the TV, confusion painted across her face.