Fatherly

(Post-war; Draco and Rose try to have a peaceful lunch, but some sneaky paparazzi has to ruin it, and Draco is not happy; Leo is almost year old here)

***

ROSE POV

"Where is your nose?" I asked in a high-pitched voice suited for a baby's attention. 

After a moment, Leo touched his nose with his finger, and I pulled his hand away from his face before he tried to shove it up his nostril. 

"And where are your eyes?" 

He pointed to his eyes, giggling and squealing once I gently clapped my hands and tickled his neck in celebration. His attention was taken from me though when he caught sight of something over my shoulder, and his smile widened before the word "dada" started on repeat. 

I turned over my shoulder to see Draco taking off his coat and handing it to the man that showed him to our table, and I smiled, taking a second to admire just how good he looked in a suit. 

He was at the Ministry today with Blaise, Ron, and Harry, as they continued their campaign for he and Blaise to have jobs there once their probation was lifted, and they were technically free men again. 

His white oxford shirt clung to his arms in a way that made the muscles beneath look good enough to eat. His trousers fit him just right, making him look suave and sexy and delicious. And his hair was a bit wavy behind the ears, just how I liked it. 

"Hello, my love," he smiled once he saw me staring, leaning down and pecking my lips before turning his attention to Leo, as he wildly kicked his legs and continued chanting "dada". Patrons at the tables around us smiled warmly at the sight. 

"Hello to you too, mate," Draco plucked Leo out of his high chair, much to my dismay, and sat Leo down on his leg as he took his seat, facing out towards the rest of the restaurant of course. "What have you and your mum been up to today, huh? Buying more clothes when you already have a closet full?" Draco spoke in a soft voice, one that he only used with small children that belonged in our circle. 

I rolled my eyes playfully, "He told me he wanted some new rain boots and a matching rain coat, and who am I do deny that face?" I smiled, waving at our baby as he excitedly waved back. 

"Oh did he tell you that?" Draco chuckled, raising an eyebrow at me. I only responded with a wink before I took a sip of my water. 

Draco continued to have his one sided conversation with Leo as I looked at the menu and enjoyed the sounds of my boys bonding, before I noticed that Draco abruptly put Leo back in his highchair and went quiet. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting down the menu and searching his face. 

Draco's head was lowered, as if he were reading the menu too, but I knew he wasn't, because I knew Draco Malfoy like the back of my hand. Something had bothered him. I started to turn around, but he leaned forward, putting a hand over mine and squeezing. 

"Don't turn around," he informed me, looking over my shoulder, "That...prick over there has a camera. I think he's taking pictures of us." 

I expression grew confused, "Taking pictures? Like for what? The papers?"

Ignoring his order not to turn around, I did, hearing Draco sigh heavily in response. 

On the other side of the restaurant, I saw a man sitting alone with a trench coat and black sun glasses on. It was summer in England. And we were inside. Why he was wearing such attire immediately made me agree with Draco's suspicions of him. He was off. 

The World and Her Stars: One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें