Chapter 1

Trigger warning: There will be mentions of sexual assault in this chapter. There will be a warning at the top of every chapter it is mentioned.

Bold/italics will be Kristin speaking and italics will be Kristin's wolf - Kita (key-tah).

Kristin

"Get up."

Please don't let it be him.

I took in a stiff breath as I closed my eyes, my body already aching at what was inevitably coming. The sound of jingling keys accompanied the sliding of my cell door, and before I had the chance to force myself up, a large hand grasped a clump of my matted locks.

"I told you to get up!"

I became airborne; flying across the cell, colliding with the silver bars before hitting the concrete floor with a thud. My flesh instantly began to burn at the contact due to the silver, and I began to roll away from it before my captor's hands found their way around my neck, forcing me against it.

I screamed; thrashing, clawing, and kicking as the man's sick laugh filled the cellar.

"Oh, you are always so much fun." The man before me grinned, bringing his free arm back and striking my cheek in a brutal right hook. "I'll never understand why he keeps you locked up in here," he says, pulling me from the bars and tossing me to the middle of the cell floor.

His boot clad foot shot forward, striking right below my ribs, and I screamed, curling into myself. Kneeling down, he tugged me up by my hair again, forcing me to bring my eyes to his - bright blue and full of ill intentions.

"You might not be the prettiest thing," he claimed, bringing his hand forward and thumbing my bottom lip. "But the fight in you is a huge turn on."

I immediately began shaking my head, trying to back away from his grip. "Fuck you," I spat, kicking at him. But it was weak, just like me in his hands.

His eyes darkened, his wolf taking the lead, and tears pooled in my own - this couldn't be happening again. "That's the plan." His voice was different; deeper, more powerful, and with little effort, he picked me up and tossed me onto the cot.

"No," I shrieked, tears blurring my vision as I pushed, slapped, kicked, but to no avail, his hands inched up my tattered shorts. "No!"

Let me take over. You won't feel it.

I shook my head insistently at my wolf.

No, Ki. It'll be okay.

Please, you shouldn't do this by yourself.

And you shouldn't ever have to experience this with anyone but your mate.

Tears slipped from my eyes as he pinned my wrists above my head just as his hand connected with me. I sobbed at the contact, kicking at him again only for it to result in his hand moving from my wrist to my throat. He gripped me painfully, nearly cutting off my airflow.

Neither should you, and our mate is the reason we are here. Let me, please.

I kept shaking my head. It hurt enough that my wolf, the most beautiful part of my soul, knew exactly what was happening. But I would be damned if she would feel it, too.

He ripped my shorts from my body before unbuckling his jeans, and in one swift move, he was on top of me again.

Devastation flooded through me as it always did. All the fight left me as I tried to dissociate myself from each movement, each sound that fell from his mouth, each touch. I would rather take beating after beating than to feel this; another's touch against my will, against my wolf's will.