Chapter 1: Moving Day.

I slammed my hand against the painfully loud alarm on my phone, as my head throbbed from the night before. The poor thing dropped to the floor and I gasped myself awake, foraging on the floor to find it, relieved to find it still in good condition. I groaned, pushing a finger into the corner of my skull, only then realising that a loud thudding sound was coming from my bedroom door. I pulled myself out of bed, grabbing aspirin from my nightstand.
"We are leaving in twenty minutes for Adam's house. Be ready." My mom smiled, then frowned as Finley - my younger brother - ran behind her, naked. She cursed and launched after him, leaving me laughed at my door. Turning back towards my room, I pouted at the bare walls and boxes piled high with my belongings.

I have to say, moving in with my mom's new boyfriend was not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday morning. Since dad had died, the house was rather quite, except for my brother, and now, I have to live with Adam and his tool of a son, Aiden.
I shook my head, lessening the anger that was bubbling inside of me, at the thought of living with that imbecile. I took the box labelled 'Barney's clothes' and put on my black jeans, which were ripped at the knees, and a plain white wifebeater over my head, trying the avoid tangling my blonde hair into the straps, but not before jumping into the shower.
I towel dried my hair and pulled it up into a mid ponytail, and put in my black matte nose ring. After brushing my teeth, doing my eyebrows and the rest of my makeup, including a lashing of mascara, and eyeliner, I stared at the boxes for a few minutes.

I would be more content, if I knew where I was moving to. It could be a box house and I haven't even seen it. I would be happy if I was moving to Aiden's house because it is huge, but no. They had to buy a new house and not tell me anything about it. I sighed and took two boxes from the stack, and took them downstairs to the hall.
"Barnabee!" Finley ran up to me, fully dressed this time, and grabbed my leg. I looked down at him and blinked.
"Get off." I pushed the four year old off of my leg, and stepped around him.
"Mom! Where are my black boots?" I yelled. I was 5"5 so I wasn't very tall, so I needed a decent set of heels to keep me company. My black boots were my holy grail.
"Last I saw, they were by the oven." I entered the kitchen, to see her moving boxes in the directon of the hall as well, and then spotted my boots out of the corner of my eye. I pulled them onto my feet and then returned to my room to get more boxes. I slid my MacBook, DLSR and phone into the side of my bag, and swung that onto my back, taking a box in each hand and going down the stairs.

It wasn't long until we were finally finished and had every box loaded into the moving van, the old furniture in a hire skip, and Finley in his bumper seat in the car.
"I'll come back and get my bike after we have unloaded the car, at the new place." I muttered and mom smiled, locking up the house, taking both of our sets of keys, and handing them to the new owner, who was waiting by his car.
"So you'll be moved in by..." I drowned out the conversation and got in the car. I peered over at Adam, who sat in the moving van parked next to us. Aiden was nowhere to be seen, but Adam smiled down at me. I frowned, half smile, and looked away, scratching at my tattoo. I looked at my exposed arm, and studied the design, that stopped at my elbow. A mixture of black flowers, with different vines and patterns, created by one and only tattoo artist - Louis Baker.
Mom nudged me out of my daydream as she got in the car and started the engine.
"Let's go then, I guess." She said, with a relieved grin on her face. This house held a lot of unwanted memories of her and my father, and I respected her fact of moving.
I pulled out my packet of tobacco, as we were driving and rolled myself a cigarette.
"Want one?" I offered my mom and she nodded. I pulled the last filter out of the case and sighed.

*
We pulled up to a set of black gates and my mother stopped the car, removed a large button from her pocket and pressed it. A loud beep was heard and the gates opened. As we drove through, I stared in awe. A beautiful pool lay in front of my eyes, and behind it. The largest house, I had seen. Bigger than Aiden's old house. That's for sure. I noticed a small rocky road lead down into the forest.
"What's down there?" I asked and mom smiled.
"A log cabin. For you and Aiden." My jaw dropped and I had to say, I was impressed.
"You're very lucky Barney, we knew you were going to be here, so we decorated the nicest bedroom as yours. You and Aiden will share the top floor. There's two bedrooms, two en suites and a small television room on that floor. The kitchen is the floor below that, along with the dining room, a guest room and another bathroom Um, the floor below that is the family living room, along with our bedroom, and two other bedrooms and the largest bathroom. Finally, the floor below that is the garage. I really thought you would like this house, we paid a lot of money." My mom smiled at me, and I returned it.
"Mom. It's amazing." I said and she grinned. We stopped outside the house and my mother waiting for Adam. He stopped the moving van and got out, smirking. For his age, Adam was very attractive. He was in the army before he became a security agent, so had a strong body and brown thick hair.
"Is this amazing or what?" I nodded in agreement as he pulled a bunch of keys out of his pocket.
"Barney, I have something else for you. I know that you have been messed around a lot recently so I have bought you a present. Just me. As a thank you." He beckoned us to follow him in the car, and he lead us to the garage. We parked up the car, and I gasped. In the corner of the garage, was a sparking white Kawasaki Ninja 250.

This was a good day.

*

After being showed my bedroom, Adam helped me take all my stuff to my room. First, let me tell you a bit about my room. There was a long corridor on the top floor, with the bedrooms, the television room and the bathrooms coming off of it. There was an entrance to the bathrooms from the corridor and another door from the bedroom. In the bedroom, there was a huge window, with a padded bench underneath it, and it overlooked the forest, and the pool. A large bed was against the far wall, and a walk in wardrobe was joined onto the other side, next to the door to the bathroom. A white vanity with a small matching stool was there too, along with a television hung across the wall, above a bookcase. A string of fairy lights hung above the vanity, more above the bed, and the bookshelf, along with a small white, marble looking chandelier.

I started to put my stuff away, hanging clothes up, pinning photos on my wall and more, when I heard a shout from the ground floor. I followed the carpeted flights of stairs down to the ground floor and arrived to see Aiden, Adam and my mother stood by the stairs.
"Ah, Barney, can you show Aiden his room?" My mother asked me, and I turned towards the arrogant, cocky, little shit. He glanced towards me, and looked me up and down, biting his lip hungrily. I felt a rush to my body when he bit his lip, for it was attractive, but the rush was replaced by the thought that my short flannel shorts and a tight vest wasn't the wisest thing to change into. I wasn't self conscious - not in the slightest - but I knew from reputation, that Aiden treated girls like meat. I turned on my heel and beckoned Aiden with my finger. I heard a deep chuckle, and he followed behind me. Once we were out of earshot of our parents, the comments started.
"You're ass looks so hot from this angle." He said and I groaned as we reached the top floor. I walked to right, and to the second door on the right. I pushed it open, and he grinned.
"Who put my stuff away?" He asked, and I grinned at him for the first time, taking in his appearance. His dark hair was messy on his head and his strong figure resembled that of his father's. Instead of brown eyes like his dad, they were sharp green, and he had a jawline that I could cut my hand on. Still doesn't make up for his attitude. Though, I was checking him out, and I wasn't afraid for him to know that.
"Your dad and I did." I smirked and walked towards the door.
"Oh, Barney?" He said and I turned towards him.
"I could see your underwear as you walked up the stairs, and your ass is pretty fucking good."