013

════════════════

════════════════

"THATS IT?"

the small boy asked, hugging his stuffed elephant to his chest. his mom only smiled and shook her head. "that's it my love. that's the story."

"no twists and turns?" the older boy asked.

"none whatsoever."

he sighed. "no offense mom but dad tells it better."

"boy go to sleep." both boys laughed at her face but got quiet when she gave them both a look.

"hey babe have you seen the—oh? is this a story time?"

"it is." stu kissed vanessa's forehead and sat next to her, rocking the small girl in his arms as the boy sat next to him.

"mommy doesn't tell it like you do dad."

"well i think you're mother tells it perfectly."

"you just say that cause' you love her."

"i do love her."

stu kissed her on the lips with a smile, both boys making faces at them as if they weren't used to it by now.

shortly after they got married billy and stu both got really nice jobs in the city, it paid so good that they were able to buy their own apartments across from one another.

soon after their second year in the apartment vanessa found out she was pregnant with a boy, their eldest, tai macher. he was a skinny little boy and had a head full of hair. looked more like vanessa than anything. and was a full on momma's boy.

about two years later they had moved into a small home in the suburbs, leaving billy in the city.

it took a lot of convincing but he let them go and proceeded to visit every saturday morning and stay till monday morning.

it was like clockwork.

shorty after that the twins were born, cassie and caleb macher.

caleb was pretty scrawny and looked just like his dad while cassie was a perfect mixture of both of them. vanessa thought about putting them in a modeling agency but she didn't think it'd be good this young.

"is uncle billy asleep?"

"he is. i just put him down for a nap."