011

════════════════

════════════════

ONE YEAR LATER

"we did that!" stu yelled, spinning vanessa around in his arms.

"happy death day." billy grinned, pointing to the television screen.

"today marks the death of the three woodsboro massacre teens. the three were found dead near a local bar, burning in a white swv. police say there were complications on the inside that led to their deaths. but know one really knows. more on that in the hour i'm-."

"we should go to the funeral."

"i think you've had to much vodka billy."

"i'm serious."

vanessa and stu gave each other a look and then looked back at their friend. just a few months ago he claimed to have been over it. he stopped watching the news, giving updates on sidney and randy.

they thought he was fine, cured even.

"we should go dressed up in heavy black and look mysterious."

"that's how you draw attention to yourself."

"isn't that the point?"

vanessa shook her head and took a sip of her drink. "we're all the way in florida. woodsboro is on the other side of the u.s. we're lucky we made it this far."

"whats a few more buses and train rides ness?" billy challenged.

"you know even if we did we wouldn't get there in time. it's not like we have the money for a plane ticket. and besides if one of us go and gets caught that's a dead give away that we aren't dead dumbass."

billy didn't think things through the way he used to.

"whatever." he mumbled, turning away and walking to his room.

vanessa let out a deep breath and turned off the tv, making eye contact with stu who only held out his hand for her to take.

"what's wrong?"

"billy. he just needs to move past it all..."

"and he will babe. but you need to start focusing on yourself. you're always so worried about us and not you. we're not your problems. i love you for it but it's not healthy."