1|EYES

Hi, I hope you enjoy reading this.<3

"In another life, I would make you stay"- The One That Got Away

(swipe to see the song)

_______________________________
DAISY'S POV

6 seconds

That's how long it takes for a single heart to get completely broken.

I never believed it when people said they could physically feel their heart breaking. Well that is, up until this moment. To be honest I never thought I would be put in a situation like this. God, what did I do to deserve this?

Up ahead of me I see him, the man who was supposed to be the love of my life, on top of some random chick. Her head was covered by him so I couldn't see her face.

What the actual freak.

I just don't understand how he could do something like this to me.

I stand there for a good few seconds thinking about how much this was going to change things, then next thing I know I'm bolting out of the door. I don't stop, not even when I hear my name being called. I can hear his voice getting closer and closer by the second.

I feel a sudden hard squeeze on my arm

"Daisy, don't do this please babe"

I look at him in disbelief. Is he really trying to make me feel bad for him right now, right after I saw him in his bed with another girl?

I'm not idiotic enough to believe that this is my fault.

He starts to squeeze harder in hopes that I'll pay attention "Let go of me Liam, you're hurting me".

"Not until you listen to what I have to say" he says with tears in his eyes, trying to pull me towards him, "Just please hear me out".

He has absolutely zero right to be crying after what he did.

"I just caught you sleeping with someone else, is there really any way to "hear you out" about that?" I ask with unshed tears in my eyes.

Surprise surprise

He just stares at me guiltily, as if willing me to change my mind. Well I'm not, he doesn't deserve to get another chance from me. He's treated me like utter crap for the entire duration of our relationship, but I stayed because I thought I had loved him.

A whole eight months gone to waste.

Now I know this was not love, at least not the kind of love I want.

I want someone that will put me above everyone else. I want someone that I can come home to after a long day and just know that they will make it better. I want someone to care about me the way that I care about them. I just want, no need, someone to simply care about me.

That's all I need.

That when I realize something. My heart's not breaking because i'm going to lose him, it's breaking because I actually thought that I could be enough for someone.

I guess I was wrong.

I don't spare him a word as I call my friend Mila. I wait a few seconds before I realize she's not gonna pick up. She's probably still out with that mystery guy she's been seeing. She won't tell me who it is, but he must be pretty great if shes into him. Let's just say her standards are extremely high.

Of course, I try to call my other friend Anna but I remember she hardly ever has her phone with her.

Well this is just amazing.