Chapter 15- Now You See Them Now You Don't

Start from the beginning

He hadn't seen Anxiety or Deceit either, which was odd since Roman had seen both Patton and Logan (Patton was in class with him right now) and it wasn't often that Anxiety and Deceit hung out without them. At least, not unless the three living friends were sleeping, doing homework, or otherwise occupied. 

He threw a nervous glance back at Patton as if he was afraid she would disappear too, but Patton was still in their chair and gave Roman a small smile and wave back. Roman nodded and turned back around, his fidgeting didn't ease at all. 

Roman had been feeling antsy for a few hours now, it had started during his first period and had continued for a while now. Classmates trying to focus on work threw him annoyed and dirty looks, which Roman ignored as he tried to force himself to take notes, only to start drumming on the desk with his pencil.

"Roman," Mx. Wright said from the front of the class.

Roman jumped slightly at his name and the pencil flew across the room as he lost his grip on it, "Oh. Oops. Yes, Mx. Wright?"

"Do you maybe wanna go take a drink of water?" they asked.

"Oh, Uhm, no. No, I'm good. Not thirsty."

"Are you sure?" Mx Wright asked, "You're awfully fidgety, it's becoming a disruption."

Roman's leg stilled and he laid his hands flat on the table, "Oh. Sorry, uhm. Maybe I will take that drink then?" Roman said it came out as a bit of a question and after looking at his teacher for a nod of approval, stood up and headed out of the classroom, grabbing his pencil on the way out. 

Roman sighed tiredly as he walked down the hall and towards the water fountain. He took a short drink before heading back toward class, stopping in the bathroom on his way to splash some water on his face. After using some paper towels to dry his face, Roman finished his walk back to class and took a seat at his desk. 

Roman tried his best to keep from fidgeting or making too much noise, but it didn't last long. Five minutes into his return and Roman was tapping his leg, and folding his worksheet into shapes despite knowing he should be working on it. Mx. Wright gave him a new one after his became to messy to write on, they also checked in on him again to which Roman had once again assured them he was fine. 

His fidgeting continued for the rest of class, even after the girl in front of him asked if he could stop and the guy next to him offered a fidget cube. (A mistake really, the fidget cube had a clicky toy on it and it quickly became Roman's favorite side of the cube and everyone else's newfound annoyance.) When the bell finally rang, Roman jumped from his seat and shoved his things into his bag, barely stopping to put his pencil back in its case as he did. After haphazardly tossing the fidget cube back to the boy he quickly made his way over to Patton's desk, waiting in a not-so-patient manner for his friend to finish packing. 

Patton watched with wary and worried eyes as Roman hopped from foot to foot, "Hey kiddo," She started as they put the last of her things away, "I thought you didn't drink coffee."

"I don't. It's disgusting and messes with my nerves." Roman said, making a face of disgust at the thought.

"You're awfully hyper today, are you sure you didn't accidentally drink your dad's coffee by mistake?"

Roman shook his head, "No, my dad's coffee smells good but it's really strong and tastes awful"

With one more small frown, Patton put her backpack on and headed out of the class with Roman. It was lunchtime now, and the two made their way towards the table they normally sat at. Logan was already there, pouring over a new book as he ate his lunch. Roman couldn't help but smile as he sat down.