I won't come back.

Start from the beginning

Margaret's legs trembled, but after so much insistence, she jumped. Blake grabbed the girl's shoulders and pulled her out of the shelter.  Schofield jumped right behind and ran to follow the two ahead of him.

Blake gripped Margaret's shoulders tightly as he walked quickly out of the shelter, the one that wanted to collapse with the three of them there together.

– There! Light!! – Blake yelled.

With a little more haste, all three managed to get out of the shelter that ended up collapsing seconds later.

– Stop, stop! Wait... let me stop for a moment... – Margaret said, sitting anyway on the floor.

She coughed, coughed hard to try to get all that dust out of her throat. There was so much dust in her eyes that she couldn't open them.
Blake and Schofield worried and scanned the nurse's body for any serious injuries, but luckily there weren't any.

Margaret felt her body weak from fright and her legs were trembling as well as her hands. Her face was completely white from the dust, as was her brown hair.

Schofield walked over and brushed most of the dirt off Margaret's face.

– What bastards! – Blake yelled angrily.

– Blake, help me here! – Schofield called his mate.

The oldest removed the bag from Margaret's back and handed it to Blake to hold. He bent down and picked the nurse up. She was very fragile at that moment, especially for being a girl and not having experience in those dangerous territories.

For a moment, Blake envied his friend carrying the girl, but this was no time to think about that sort of thing.

Schofield carried the girl to the top of a small sand hill and placed her on the ground when he realized that everything was clean.

The older corporal took his canteen out of his bag and opened it, pouring water into Margaret's eyes and face, and she was relieved to have the discomfort of the sand coming out of her eyes.
There was little water left in Schofield's canteen, which was soon drank by the nurse

She was startled to see again. There were so many machines and artillery in front of her that she could easily wipe out Scho and Blake's battalion.

– Wish had shot that rat now.  – Blake spoke with a little humor. He just wanted to distract Margaret with the scare she had just been given.

– Why didn't he choose someone else...?  Schofield asked softly. – Why did Erinmore just have to choose her? Women can't go through something like that, that's a man's job!

– What? – Blake asked, confused.

– I'm fine... don't worry. – Margaret spoke.

– No, you're not. You almost got killed back there by our oversight! I don't want to see you dying at the hands of these bastards. – Schofield replied, still irritated.

Blake felt the same way too. An explosion only hit Margaret? This couldn't have happened...she was too fragile to take that kind of thing.

– You can come back. Get back with her, Scho.  – Blake said, determined. With or without them, he would go after his brother and the battalion.

Margaret wanted to, but she wouldn't do that to both of them. It wouldn't be honest.

– No, I'm not coming back.  – She replied a little calmer.

– You almost lost your life, miss Margaret ... please, let's go back. – Schofield asked, worried.

She looked intensely at the man and got up from the ground. Even with her body aching she needed to stay strong in front of the two.