Detonator.

Hi guys! I hope you all are well. I hope you like today's chapter, and please don't forget to vote.
I'd love to hear what you think, so if you can, please leave your feedback. 💘

- ─•°.-ˏˋ ♡ ˊˎ-.°•─
𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭? 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠.
•───── ୨❀୧ ─────•

First Schofield went up and then Blake

First Schofield went up and then Blake. Seconds later the nurse heard both of them calling her softly. Margaret took a deep breath, especially since she had all those soldiers' eyes on her. She climbed the wooden ladder and crawled over to the two soldiers, both in front of her.

The scenario was worse than Margaret imagined. Mud, rats, huge craters and a little farther away it was already possible to see the bodies on the ground. Corporal Schofield walked ahead, crouched, Blake behind him and Margaret behind them.

The smell was terrible and the mud disgusting.  Their hearts were beating fast, but Margaret was the most nervous. She could be shot at any moment, and she didn't want to rot until the rats ate her in that dirty and unsanitary place.

The three passed some dead horses and were already in an advanced state of decomposition.  The fences were up ahead, totally messed up.  Schofield walked in and Blake asked Margaret to be careful when passing.

The Lance Corporal's eyes were alert for any dangerous movement in front of them. After passing the fences, Margaret can see a dead man clinging to the wires. Such a scene turned the girl's stomach and she tried not to look for a long time.

There were more wires for them to get through, this time much messier, so much so that Schofield had to hold one of them for the other two to get through. The older corporal wasn't careful enough and the wire slipped from his fingers, sticking and cutting into his palm.

Margaret and Blake heard the older man's painful moan and the nurse was on alert. He had cut himself in a place completely full of bacteria, he needed to clean up as soon as possible to avoid a horrible infection.

- All right? – Blake asked worriedly and Schofield just nodded. The cut was deep and bleeding.

– Look for cover...– Schofield spoke softly.

The three passed the wires and luckily Margaret was unharmed. They were so exposed that Schofield ran quickly to a hole to hide. Margaret slipped into the hole beside the handle and watched his hand bleed.

There was a dead man beside Schofield. The back was open and several gray, fat rats came out, a terrifying sight for both of them. Blake slipped last, and, with a sudden movement, ended up pushing Margaret who shoved Schofield. To try to support himself, the older one ended up sticking his injured hand inside the dead man's body, right where the rats were.