xxviii

• third person •

"You... you have blood on you."

"Do I?" The ginger-haired man laughed, fiddling with his weapon. "I wonder why."

Diluc folded his arms. He looked around for a moment. There was no one else around.

"Was someone else here?" he asked directly.

"No."

"Right..."

Childe cleared his throat, rubbing off a bit of blood on his cheek with his glove. That wasn't his blood, but Diluc didn't have to know.

His gaze darted around. Did she get away..?

"Anyway," Diluc sighed, "I wanted to-"

"Hey, have you fucked her yet? Your girl. I could give you some tips."

"W-what."

Childe was not risking (Y/N) finding out that her boyfriend was using him for background information.

This was definitely one way to change the subject.

Diluc's face rapidly began to redden, before his eyebrows furrowed. "That's none of your business-"

"You're a virgin?"

"I-" Diluc folded his arms. Childe chuckled at his baby face. "I'm not."

"You've been waiting your whole life to say that."

Once again, Childe looked around. He really wasn't sure whether or not she'd ran or if she was just hiding somewhere. Either way he was going to have some explaining to do. And the icing on the cake would be the topic he chose to bring up.

Diluc looked away. Childe glanced at his reflection in the shine of his bow, continuing to wipe (Y/N)'s blood splotches off his face.

"Do you want to know what she likes?" Childe asked before he could change the subject.

His scowl was so prominent in the moonlight. It was a surprise (Y/N) liked this guy.

Childe brought out his hand, beginning to tap his fingers with each statement. "Praise: a lot of it. Crying. She cries. She actually doesn't liked being restricted that much, but she likes doing it to others. Also let her know she can make some sound."

"Oh..." Diluc's gaze fell. "I thought I was doing something wrong."

"No... Well, I'm not sure about the crying. She used to cry with me because we'd usually fuck when she was upset. In reality she hated fucking in general. I don't know about now. And she has a habit of forcing her mouth shut because... well..."

"You used to do it with other people in the house?"

Childe rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah... I'd praise her for it though."

Diluc looked away in thought. She did cry. Was she upset?

"Right! I must be heading off now-!"

"Wait. This isn't what I came here f-"

"Look! A narwhal!"

"Look. A fucking bird. Get back here!"

Childe had already disappeared into the horizon. The flames of Diluc's vision died down instantly under the splash of Childe's. Diluc stood. He wasn't going to chase after him.

A heavy sigh left his chest.

He turned slightly, glancing around once again. There was no way he was out here alone, with blood on his face.