xxv

• third person •

"Ugh... ow, ow-"

(Y/N) faltered for a moment. Childe sighed, plucking out yet another arrow from his skin.

"You've been in this bad mood for too long now. Lumine even had to change her team! Now I'm stuck with an old acquaintance and it's a little awkward..."

In silence, (Y/N) wiped her chin with her thumb, blood freely flowing down it.

"Don't you think it's about time you two talked it out?"

(Y/N) turned away, slipping off her gloves.

"Come here."

Childe heaved out a sigh, his messy ginger hair jumping as he shook his head.

(Y/N) began to treat his wounds, this somewhat permanent scowl on her face.

Childe frowned as he watched her.

...I don't like this...

Just as he was about to treat hers, she stepped away. Childe raised an eyebrow.

"See you later, Ajax."

He blinked as (Y/N) simply wiped her blood off with her gloves. She span on her heels.

"...See you."

Her eyes narrow, (Y/N) left Childe in the woods of Mondstadt, leading herself back towards the city. Perhaps she'd go get healed... Maybe pay Kaeya a visit if he was around...

Or... just give in...

It wasn't long until (Y/N) had paid her visit to the Cathedral. By now she was a regular. Almost every time Barbara was there waiting for her, and (Y/N) had even become aquainted with a certain unlucky boy, whom she recently learnt Lumine had invited into her team.

So now... how did she end up here?

(Y/N) stood before the mansion beneath the cloudy skies of the night.

She'd been resisting it all this time, knowing deep inside she wanted him to do something first, yet...

Her eyes widened as the door swung open.

She blinked in silence.

She was expecting his gaze to be sharp, to be glaring at her, but...

He seemed just as surprised to see her.

(Y/N) stepped back, looking away.

Without warning, she was grabbed by the waist, almost yanked into the winery, the door shutting swiftly behind them. (Y/N) grasped onto him in shock as he lifted her up, leading her towards their bedroom.

"Diluc..."

"Shh."

(Y/N) fell quiet immediately.

As soon as they were in, Diluc shut the bedroom door behind them. His hair brushed against her skin as he gently lay her down on the bed.

Diluc climbed over her. They stared into each other's eyes in silence.

(Y/N) could easily see the dark circles beneath those crimson eyes.

Diluc could see hers too.

"I spoke with Elzer and Adelinde for the past few days," Diluc began.

(Y/N)'s eyes narrowed slightly as he fell forward, their noses bumping.

Diluc continued. "They told me that you don't have to tell me everything. And that I should respect your privacy."

"They said that... maybe you're just trying to keep me from worrying. Or perhaps... protect me."