v

• third person •

(Y/N) clapped her hands together. "And, done!"

Her bow was slung behind her back as she pressed her hands against her hips, the bodies of multiple hilichurls lay lifeless before her, until they dissipated into dust.

"Was that it?" she mumbled to herself, glancing around the grassy area. There were some ruins near, like her papers had described, but there was no way she was going anywhere near that. Her job was just to get rid of the hilichurls nearby.

(Y/N) sighed softly, stuffing her hand into her pocket. After a little ruffling around, her fingers eventually came upon a small plaster. She pulled it out, along with a tissue or two, and used them to tend to a fresh wound she'd just gotten from those stupid hilichurls.

Huh... she didn't realise how close she was to those ruins. This was the Thousand Winds Temple after all. But every second that went by, she couldn't tell whether it was her heart pounding in her ears or if it was the stomping of that damn ruin guard that always had to be there.

It was best she got out of there as fast as she could. Never was she ever going to encounter a ruin guard head-on ever again. Nope. Nu uh.

"Watch out!"

Oh, fuck off.

(Y/N) wasn't even surprised when she was shoved to the ground by some unknown body, several missiles just barely missing them as they blew up the grass just metres beside them.

Shaking. Gods, I'm shaking.

"What are you doing here?"

(Y/N) winced.

What the fuck.

"Ow," was all she could really say.

Lumine stared in surprise from the stone ruin, but her attention immediately snapped back towards the ruin guard as she rapidly brought its attention back to her. It seemed Jean was there too.

Jean? The Acting Grand Master Jean? What was going on?

(Y/N) could feel her eyes tearing up. Her wound had opened.

"You're hurt."

(Y/N) clutched her arm. "It's nothing," she mumbled.

Diluc sat up. He was here with the traveller and Jean, and also that bard, because there was something here to help with the Stormterror crisis.

He didn't expect to find (Y/N) here too.

He didn't even realise it was (Y/N) until his body moved to get her out of the way of the ruin guards attacks.

Diluc glanced at her face. Her eyes were teary and her face was red, and she was staring straight at the ground. Her chest was heaving.

She was clutching the wound on her right arm, fresh blood flowing freely over her hand even though she'd put a plaster over it. She probably should've used a bandage.

"Let me-"

"It's fine," she gasped out.

I almost got killed, she thought. I almost got killed. I almost got killed.

What's wrong with me? Why am I getting so...

The clunky stomps of the ruin guard... They were so loud. They felt like thunder claps, ringing and echoing right through her ears, never shutting the fuck up.

Her hand was grabbed.

(Y/N) was pulled up.

Diluc dragged her away from the scene.